The Best Kind Of Gift~ Pt. 6/End

(TW~ Mentions of Polyamphobia, Slurs, Internalized polyamphobia due to fear and trauma, Panic... Also uh... There's smut towards the end so... yeah. This is me warning you.) Also... This is a long chapter... lmao

"Roman, we have to talk." Virgil's heart broke seeing how wide Roman's eyes were, so filled with fear. His poor traumatized Angel... It completely broke him over how much his Angel had to suffer that he was even scared of a simple talk. "Roman, I promise you it's ok."

"I did something. I must have done something. I'm sorry. Whatever it is, I'm sorry. Please..."

"Roman, you did absolutely nothing wrong!"

"Again with the deja vu!" Roman cried out as he held Kai's arms tight against his chest. Kai shared a very worried look with Virgil who honestly didn't know what to do.

"Roman..." Virgil hesitated unsure how to go about it, but he knew he needed to just rip the bandaid off at this point or they would never get to where they needed to be. "Roman, do you remember how there is many different kinds of love?" Roman went completely rigid in Kai's hold scaring the poor human terribly who started to whisper soft reassurances in Roman's ear.

"Why? Why are you asking me this?" Roman's voice was so small as his tears began to slip down his cheeks. "Why?"

"Because there's something I need to talk to you about and I'm aware that I'm going to have to explain what it is." Roman shook his head as he reached out with a frantic expression grabbing Virgil's hand, who smiled sadly over how distraught their angel was already.

"I love you. I love you so much. Please? If I did something wrong just tell me and I'll fix it."

"Roman, you have done nothing wrong-..."

"KAI SAID THE SAME THING RIGHT BEFORE BREAKING UP WITH ME!" Kai jerked back making Roman whimper at the sudden loss of contact, this look of pure shock in both his and Virgil's eyes. "He said the same thing and then broke up with me."

"That's what you're so scared of? Roman..." Virgil leaned his head against Roman's holding his head close as he brushed the other's tears away with his thumbs. "I am not leaving you."

"I can't lose you. I can't..." Virgil sighed as he gave Kai this questioning look making the other falter.

"I-... I don't know if I should." Kai whispered making Virgil frown seeing how upset Kai had gotten over Roman's outburst. "If he's spiraling because of me-..."

"No. No. No." Roman muttered before reaching back behind him to latch onto Kai's shirt. "Don't leave. I want you here. I... I don't want you to go. I just... I can't lose Virgil."

"Roman, I spoke to Remus the other day. Well... Him, Janus, and Logan since they were all in the same room." Roman sniffled as he slowly looked up to meet Virgil's eyes. "I had a question but... I was too scared to ask you so... I went to him. I hope you don't mind but..."

"What-... What was the question?"

"I wanted to know more about Demon and Angel's mates." Roman paled as he gingerly tugged on Kai's shirt, knowing for a fact he would not handle this conversation well. Kai was slow and very hesitant before wrapping his arms around Roman again who held onto him tightly refusing to let the human move away from him again. Virgil sighed as he shifted a little closer to the two, placing a hand to Roman's knee and feeling the small trembles that wracked through the oldest body. "I wanted to know if something was possible." Virgil took a deep breath before trying to appear as calm as he could be knowing if he looked worried it would only worry Roman more. "Remus told me that's it's actually extremely rare for either an Angel or a Demon to only have one mate." The way Roman's eyes shot wide made it clear to Virgil the angel knew what he was talking about.