The Best Kind Of Gift~ Ch. 2

"Ok so what do you want to-..." Virgil started only to freeze up seeing how light Roman's eyes were. Roman's body was literally vibrating with excitement making Virgil just melt. Kai gave him a questioning glance and Virgil just laughed as he gestured back to Roman with a nod. Virgil gestured as if himself giving a very obvious look to the human who just laughed. Roman took a step forward, his mind numb under all the excited energy, before just completely crashing and leaning back into the arms that held him. "You good, Love." Virgil whispered as he watched Roman nuzzle close to Kai who held him from behind.

"Perfecto, Mi Flor." (Perfect, My Flower.) Roman mumbled out, muffled by where he leaning against the other. Roman hummed as he slowly looked up to meet Kai's eyes. "Mi Paloma... Thank you. I needed this." (My Dove) Kai's face melted into a small smile as he just nodded and hugged Roman closer. He and Virgil both shared this fond smile before Virgil sighed, eyes falling a bit. He knew that they all really needed to talk. That there was no putting this off but he just wanted to give Roman time before they did. The plan is to use his time here to help Roman relax about everything and maybe reassure him a bit so the talk will go easier. Unfortunately with how Roman reacted just over the idea of having the talk... Virgil was worried about their angel. 

"How about this..." Virgil lulled as he slowly walked Virgil and played with Roman's hair who just melted further into the contact. "Why don't I pick a few rides for us to do and stuff just to give you some time to get used to all the energy of everything. Then when you can handle it all, you have free reign to take us anywhere you want. Would you like that?" Roman could only nod making Kai chuckle.

"Come on, Angel. I can already see that our Emo has a ride in mind don't you?" Virgil rolled his eyes but couldn't hide the smile he had as he pointed over at the rollercoaster not that far from them. 

"Let's hurry up and get in line." Virgil called as he ran off making Roman's eyes flash, who grabbed Kai's hand and quickly tried to run after as to not lose sight of his love. 

Roman couldn't deny that he was in bliss. It wasn't even lunchtime and the three of them had spent every moment together. They went on ride after ride. Roman literally clung to the two of them, far too on edge over the sheer amount of strangers, but other than that he was beaming. Several times they would have to stop as Roman vibrated with joy and laughed together.

Roman was just... He was happy. That's the best he could describe it as he still wasn't the best with emotions. Sure he was better at understanding what it was he felt since regaining his human emotions but... there was still stuff that confused and worried him. Still, sitting there with his mates-... Mate... mate and best friend was the best thing he could be doing any day much less his birthday.

"You ok, Roman?" Virgil whispered as the two slowly sat down on the bench. Virgil had noticed how Roman had started to daze out and just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything too troubling or if he needed help.

"Hmm?" Roman blinked slowly as he looked over to see Virgil's confused look. "What?"

"I asked if you were ok?" Roman's expression just melted into pure bliss as his eyes shined so brightly under all the haze. 

"Soy absolutamente perfecto." (I'm absolutely perfect.) Roman growled leaning gently against Virgil's shoulder with a sort of faraway look. "I'm just a bit... lost in my emotions."

"Oh? Anything I can help you with? Getting overwhelmed?" Roman laughed as he shook his head, letting himself play with Virgil's fingers. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I'm... a bit overstimulated but... I actually like where I am right now. It feels nice. I feel happy. I'll let you know if I need help."

"You promise?" Roman just smiled more as he nodded feeling as Virgil relaxed beside him with a sigh. "Ok. Just know Kai and I are both here and can help you if you need it."

"I appreciate it, Love. I do." Roman sighed happily as he looked around only for his eyes to fall as he finally really noticed where they were. They were just sitting at this bench as people all passed by. Roman frowned as he slowly started to sit up straighter, looking around him in confusion, his eyes slowly but surely filling with anxiety. "Wai-... H-H-Hun... L-Love... Where-..."

"Hey. Hey... Look at me." Roman's eyes darted over to Virgil's, as he started to panic, and Virgil sighed as he gently brushed Roman's hair back, making the angel latch onto his hand. "It's ok. Breathe... Ask me your question?"

"Where's Kai?" Roman suddenly blurted out making Virgil blink in surprise before smiling as he understood the problem. "V-Virgil... Where is he? I can't... I don't..." His poor overprotective, traumatized, and devoted angel...

"Kai's ok, Ro. He went to the restroom and will be back in a few more minutes tops. We're sitting to wait for him." Roman's eyes widened as he looked up to see they were sitting in front of the bathroom. His eyes never left the building as Virgil just cuddled against him. Despite his attention not being on Virgil, he could feel how Roman was still latching on to him. Meaning he wasn't allowed to move. Not until Kai was back with them and in Roman's line of sight. The second Kai was out of the restroom, Virgil knew, solely because Roman jerked as if about to run to him but not moving away from Virgil. "Is he back?"

"Yep." Kai called out, popping the p, before freezing up at the sight of Roman. "You ok, Angel?"

"I..." Roman faltered as he looked down at Virgil before just nodding. "Yeah. Yeah, of course." Virgil's eyes darkened as he pulled away, hearing the subtle lull to Roman's voice. That... wasn't a good sign. Roman used that power mostly subconsciously. Either he was that happy and just couldn't keep it out of his voice. OR... He wasn't doing good at all and was using it to hide it all and make the others not notice. "I was just concerned about my friend." The way Roman purred his words was clear as day as Kai frowned and shot Virgil a questingly look. Virgil shook his head and Kai's frown only grew. 

"Are you sure your ok, Ro? You don't have to lie to me." Roman eyes seemed to dull completely as he just held Virgil's hand tightly, almost not aware despite the smile he had on his face. "Roman?" Kai whispered softly as Roman looked away staring off further down the path with a tilt of his head.

"Let's go. I want to ride more ride with my mate." Virgil's face completely dropped feeling that pull from Roman's words meaning Roman was really struggling with something. "You both want to do more rides right?"

"Of course." Virgil resigned to ignore it since pushing the angel would only do more harm. "I'd never pass up the chance to spend more time with you..." Virgil's eyes narrowed a bit as he gave Roman a very obvious look that made the angel's fake smile falter a bit. "I love you, Roman Payne."

"I love you, Virgil... so much." Roman whispered, his eyes darting over to Kai for just a second before he forced himself to his feet. "But I'm bored so let's go!"