20

"What even are you?!" Roman's eyes flashed a bright red as Virgil stumbled back. "There's no way you're... human."

"Vir..." Roman groaned as the entire room spun around him. His eyes darted up to the sigil and his heart broke. Virgil followed his gaze and he paled. He has seen things like that before. That one kid Janus was always drawing them. "Please... don't..."

"WHAT ARE YOU?!"

"Virgil?" Virgil jumped as Thomas placed a hand to his shoulder in concern. He went to run only to wince as his body reminded him he was stuck. He was far too hurt to move much let alone actually run home. He didn't even know how to get home from here. He was stuck... in a house with... "ROMAN?" Virgil frowned as Thomas ran in, seeing Roman gripping his head as he panted. "Roman, what's wrong? What... Shit." He spotted the sigil and it was obvious the usually smiley man was very very angry. "REMUS!"

"Yes?" The boy snickered as twirled his knife around, leaning against the door that held another sigil, only making Thomas angrier. Remus laughed as his eyes filled with a sick enjoyment seeing Roman in the state he was in. "Awe, did Romulus have a nightmare?" Virgil's eyes shot wide as Roman growled.

"My name... is Roman." Roman gasped as his eyes flashed red and the whole house shook. Remus's smile fell instantly as a crack split through the sigil on the ceiling and the door. Virgil just stood there in complete shock as Roman literally fell into Thomas who held him supportively. "Sorry. I... I broke your house."

"We can fix it later. Lets get you out of this room." Thomas helped Roman up to his feet not liking how shaky Roman was at all. The demon's eyes latched on to Virgil's as he smiled sadly. He could feel the pure panic in the boy. All Virgil wanted to do was run. The only thing thing stopping him was his own body.

"V-Virg-il?" Virgil quickly left the room as fast as his body could go only to have to sit down in the living room as the room spun around him. Thomas sighed as he set Roman down on the couch and walked off to get some water. "Virg..."

"What are you?"

"You're friend." Virgil's eyes darted over as he glared angrily at the demon. Roman couldn't help but flinch. His hand went to his chest feeling this... twing in his chest over the look he was getting. He didn't like it.  "Virgil, please..."

"What the fuck are you, Roman?"

"I'm a demon." Virgil's eyes shot wide as he as his fear literally burst through the room. Thomas came in and handed Roman the cup only to frown as Roman just stared at it. His eyes were now back to there normal red color not caring to hide them anymore. He stared blankly into the rippling water with this... sullen look that made Thomas very sad to see. 

"Roman, do you need me to do anything..." Roman shook his head as he dared a short glance to his charge seeing him in a state of shock and hating it completely.

"I need to talk with Virgil alone, please Thomas."

"NO!" Virgil yelled out despreately which only made that twinge in Roman's chest worse."No. Please? Thomas..."

"I'm going to make sure Remus get rid of the sigils, Kiddo." Virgil broke as Thomas just smiled and started back towards the room. "Yell if you need me."

"THOMAS!" Virgil cried out making the father hesitate for a bit. "Don't leave me with him."

"It's ok, Virgil. Trust me... out of all us, you're safest with him." Virgil paled as Thomas walked off, instantly making his eyes dart to Roman who was still just staring at his water, he had yet to drink.

"I don't know what you want with me but... I don't have anything to give." Roman's eyes darkened as he turned to see Virgil crying. He winced as his hand gripped his shirt. Seeing that hurt. Why did it hurt? "I can't give you anything. So... Whatever you were hoping to get out of me..."

"Do you remember what happened the other day?" Virgil's voice caught in his throat as Roman smiled sadly at him. "The sleepover with those... assholes."

"Yea. Kind of. It's... It's hazy." Roman nodded as he laughed at himself a bit, finally taking a sip of the water. "They... Derek, he had a ouji board." Virgil's eyes filled with horror as everything crashed around him. "And a planchete... h-he said... he s-said it held a d-demon in it."

"He was right." Virgil hugged himself as his panic started to get to him. He was struggling to breathe which only worried Roman more. "Virgil, calm down."

"CALM DOWN?!"

"I'm not going to hurt you. I can't." Virgil's eyes snapped up as Roman shot him a desprate look. "Even if I wanted to, which I don't, I literally can't hurt you. Virgil... Please try to remember. Please?"

"Remember? Remember what?" Roman's eyes fell as he set the cup down. "REMEMBER WHAT?"

"What happened after the board." Virgil froze him mind going a mile a minute. He was confused trying to figure it all out until... Roman gently placed his fingers to his lips and smiled at him. Everything snapped into place and all the air got knocked out of his lungs.

"You... I... We..." Virgil was shaking horribly as Roman let his hand drop. "We made... I made a deal with a demon." Roman nodded as Virgil just laughed through his broken panic.

"You're greatest wish, safety, protection, being cared for... That's what you wanted. That's what I'm here to give." Virgil seemed to go lax against his chair as Roman tensed. "Please, Virgil. I'm not going to hurt you. I don't... I don't want to but more so... My job is to literally care for you. To keep you safe. To make you happy." 

"I made a deal with a demon." Roman's brow quirked slightly as Virgil just broke out laughing. "I'm friends with a fucking demon."

"We're friends?!" Virgil clamed up as he looked over to see how bright Roman's eyes look, the smile on his face like a child who just found out he was getting his own puppy. "Wait, really? We're friends?"

"I mean... I uh..." Why was it that Virgil could never say no to him? What was it about Roman's eyes that... "You aren't spelling me or anything right?"

"Spelling?" Virgil sighed as he tapped his fingers anxiously on the chair. "What do you mean?"

"I mean... Are you using you demon magic or whatever on me to make me want to be friends or something." Roman's smile fell bad as he just shook his head.

"I haven't used any magic on you beside telepathy." Roman shifted awkwardly as he tried to ignore the sudden glare he got. "It's how I talked to you through the planchete... and when you were having an attack in class."

"WAIT ARE YOU THE REASON THE TEACHER WAS SUDDENLY SUPER FUCKING NICE?!" Roman nodded as Virgil just laughed. "Holy shit."

"I am a demon, Virgil. There's a lot that I can do. " Virgil's eyes narrowed in thought as he turned back to see Roman zoning out a bit.

"Roman, what exactly is our deal? I mean... It's not like I can do anything about it. I've watched enough shows to know once you make a deal you done. Theres no getting out of it." Roman only nodded. He really didn't know how to resond to that. He just knew that the thought of Virgil wanting out of it at all made his chest hurt again. "So? If I'm stuck with you, I think I should know why."

"I told you. My job is to keep you safe, cared for, and happy. I'm your protector... your friend. My job is to make your greatest wish come true... what ever it may be at any givin time." Virgil was a bit... well, no, he was highly anxious. He sat there with this look on his face that Roman couldn't figure out. Then again as everyone now knows... he's not good with emotions. 

"That sound like a lot of trouble. What the fuck, man?" Roman frowned in confusion as Virgil gestured wildly with his hands. "What could I have possibly given you that you make you ok with that. That's... alot. That's..."

"A job I will have until either of us die." Virgil paled as Roman just giggled. "I'm aware of that. I accepted the terms just as you did."

"BUT WHY?" 

"You know, Virgil." Virgil crashed as Roman just smiled. "The deal was your greatest desire... for my greatest desire."