62

TW~Alchoholism, Child Abuse, Neglect

At first, it didn't seem like anything bad. Guess the mass amount of sports should have clued him in. He could see this boy, maybe not yet 10, holding this baby nestled in one arm while he moved about the room picking up all the bottles and emptying them into the sink, before discarding them into a large metal bucket... all with one hand. The door suddenly shot open slamming into the wall making the boy jump who quickly turned to shush the small baby.

"ROMAN!" The boy jumped more as he frantically tried to calm the child down, his black hair falling over his obsidian eyes making him look even more panicked. "ROMAN!" The boy tensed up hearing the voice right behind him.

"Sorry, Papa." He slowly turned around to see this tall man glaring down at him, a beer in his hand and hate in his eyes.

"When I call you... YOU FUCKING ANSWER ME!" The boy whimpered as the bottle was thrown at his head, making him have to shield the baby so that they didn't get hurt. "What good are you, you useless people of shit?" The man grumbled as he stumbled off, most likely to find more beer as the boy just crashed. He slowly moved his hand away to see the little baby fussing in his arms and he smiled. 

"It's ok, Hermana." The boy's eyes held a pure softness as he held her close as if to protect her. "Your big brothers got you. Está Bien." The boy sang a very soft lullaby as he gently rocked her in his arms. He kicked the metal bucket over by the wall before going to rummage the fridge... only to sigh seeing there was no more milk. *, Sister.* * It is ok.*

"Papa..." He chocked out with a quiet sob only to hold on to the baby more with a determined nod. "Ok. I've got this. It's not the first time Papa's drank it all. There's um... Uh... Sugar?" The boy opened up all the cabinets, his heart visibly sinking at the sight of just how empty everything was. "Do we not even have sugar?" The boy stopped and took a deep breath before carrying the baby out of the kitchen as carefully as he could as to not upset their father even more. He quietly made his way through the back of the house and out the back door. "Hold on, Hermana. I know... I know." The boy grimaced with anxiety as he carefully set the baby down onto the soft cushiony grass. *, Sister.*

"Shh. Shh... Please, Ava. Please... I know you're hungry. Brother's coming. Just... shh..." The boy whimpered in fear as he carefully popped out this small piece in the outer wall. He dug his hands deep into the dirt, clawing at it until he managed to dig up a small metal box. He tensed up as he looked around, making sure their father wasn't there before he opened it up to reveal a decent-sized change bag and little things filled with sugar. He pulled out one of the small sugar tubes before quickly burying it back up and stuffing it into his pocket, making sure everything was hidden. "Ok, Ava... Tu hermano te tiene." The boy carefully picked the baby back up before freezing on the spot at the sight of his enraged father standing there in the hall. "Papa..." *Your brother has you.*

"Where do you think you're going?"

"To feed Ava." His father only flared as he tried to back up. "Papa, por favor..." The boy cried out as he held his sister tightly despite how his father gripped his arm. "PAPA!" *Dad, please...*

"Give the fuck..." The baby was ripped out of his hands making the boy scream out as she was basically tossed onto the couch. "You, you shit stain, need to FUCKING LISTEN. NO GOING OUTSIDE... EVER!"

"Lo Siento. Papa, please. I'm sorry." The boy was slammed against the wall as his father towered over him. He took one look at his dirt-covered nail and scowled in disgust. *I'm sorry.*

"No... but you will be."

"NO!" Roman burst up in bed, sweat beading down his face, as his heart raced uncontrollably. He whimpered as he curled up into himself, he couldn't even see. Everything was black and he was suffocating. "No. No. No."

"Roman?" Roman cried as Virgil carefully sat up seeing the panic his boyfriend was in. "Roman, what's wrong."

"Don't touch me." Virgil nodded as he moved to sit in front of him as Roman rocked himself back and forth. "No entiendo." Virgil's eyes flashed hearing the muttering under the other's breath he knew for a fact wasn't the typical Latin Roman spoke, due to being a demon. "No me toques." The problem was he didn't know what he was saying. *I do not understand.**Do not touch me.*

"Roman? It's Virgil... It's ok. I'm right here."

"V-Virgil?" Roman whined as his red eyes slowly panned up to him with such fear it took everything in the human not to break down and pull him in. "Mi... Mi Amor?" Spanish... Virgil smiled as he finally realized just what language Roman was speaking. At least that helped a bit... Even if he didn't speak much of it. He did know somethings. *My... My Love?*

"Yea, Ro. It's me. ¿Estás Bien?" Roman's eyes lit up as he quickly shook his head. *Are you ok?*

"Asustado..." Virgil didn't know what that meant but he had a guess considering Roman's state. *Scared...*

"You're scared?" Roman nodded as he hugged himself tighter. "Nightmare?" Another nod and Virgil sighed gently reaching his hand out just enough to catch Roman's eyes.

"Can I touch you now?" Roman smiled as he nodded again and let Virgil wrap his arms around him.

"Lo Siento, mi amor." *I'm sorry, My Love.*

"Don't be." Virgil nuzzled into him rhythmically rubbing the other's arms to help keep him grounded on the present. "I'm always going to be here to help you, Ro. You don't have to apologize for that."

"But I woke you up..."

"So? Wake me up." Virgil chuckled as he pressed a soft kiss to Roman's shoulder. "I'd rather that then you have to go through it alone. Whatever you saw... It really upset you."

"Yeah... Yeah, it did."