104. Truth. Always. Win.

Gillian's P.O.V.

When I came here earlier, I sort of knew what I was going to face. Well, I guessed it... At least, I had an idea of what was going to happen. I knew it wasn't going to be easy and that it would cause me to use a lot of energy. But damn, it's really hard... I feel already exhausted and all that I inflected to Artemis seem to be small wounds. I mean, she does seem tired too... Her face and clothes are covered by her own blood, her skin is wounded and burn marks are also seen. She doesn't go easy, I don't go easy either...

The red full moon is still shining brightly in the dark sky. Though, I'm surprised that we can see it so perfectly. The sky seems to be filled with clouds. There are no stars to be seen... Just the red full moon circled by darkness. The woods are dived into a cold and empty atmosphere, making it feel like there is no more life around here. Even nature... The trees, the grounds, the wild animals... Nothing seems to be breathing or living anymore. It's like time just stopped... For a moment at least...

In the clearing, I am lying on the ground, bleeding and breathless. It might not look like it, but magic is like a sport, believe me. Whenever I use it, it's all of my muscles and strength that make it happen. It's like my body is sprinting to a far horizon which never ends... Until you fall... But after that, you have to stand back on your feet and continue fighting, no matter the wounds or the pain. Across from me, Artemis is lying down on the ground as well, being in the same state as I am. I hope... We have wounded each other pretty badly... Nothing too important, but enough to weaken each other. The sight of the clearing has been colored by our powers. The power of fire and the power of ice have been damaging the surroundings. Some trees have a "skin" of ice gripping on the bark of the tree while some branches and bushes have been slightly burnt by the power of flames. Some smoke is still flying toward the sky...

- Gillian, I don't have all night. So let me kill you to end this quickly, she tells me with rage all while breathing fast and deeply. I'd love to end this quickly... But I'm not the one dying tonight. I'll fight for that.

- No, let me the honor, I say before rapidly forming a ball of fire through my hands. Artemis growls out of anger and throws a cold wave of ice at me. Though, my fire instantly melted it. I'm getting better at this. I'm starting to really understand how to measure the energy I have to put and how to use it fast. I need more though... This was almost not enough to stop her. Frustrated, Artemis attacks me twice at once which only made me step back of one step. Wait... That's all she can do? Have I weaken her that much? I hear her screaming of frustration before she attacks me again. This time she formed a sharp (stalactites) of ice which she threw at me. Argh! It reaches my stomach so fast, piercing my skin and my insides. My fire wasn't strong enough to melt that this fast... Oh God... I groan and let a scream out. However, I don't give up on what I'm planning on doing with her. Though, this piece of ice did make me lose some of my concentration. I lost a little bit of power... Oh... I can feel the coldness of the ice spreading inside of me. It hurts... It doesn't seem like it but ice actually burn. Ugh... Ah! I groan in pain as I keep focusing on what I have to do. I look up at Artemis to see her smiling with satisfaction at first. But it didn't stay up very long. The frustration and anger comes back over her face pretty fast.

- Why won't you go down?!! She suddenly yells at me. Despite what I'm enduring, I manage to smirk and lightly chuckle. I'm not that easy to take down. I've been through things too before... The ring of fire that has been keeping us in the clearing is still up. But not for long... I close my eyes to concentrate and aspire all the heat that is surrounding us. I can feel it growing... The ball is becoming bigger and bigger. It's power is getting stronger and stronger. What are you doing with that? She then asks me, as if she wants to make small talk. As if... But I perfectly know what she's doing. I don't answer her and just stay concentrate on my powers. Know what? Never mind. Keep doing the job for me. It'll make my chore easier to kill you, she says with a smirk while taking slowly few steps in my direction. That's right keep coming... Keep walking... Closer... I'm not stupid. Our powers? They aren't the key to kill one another. She said it herself. We can hurt pretty badly each other, but we can't take our life away. Get closer, Artemis... I'm going to kill you, Gillian. What you have... What you created... You'll never see it again. Ever, she tells me with a threatening and cold tone that it actually made a wave a coldness running down my spin. Never seeing again Kol and Meryll, Dad and Damon, mom and Nadia... Your lover? He will die once he sees you're dead. Your child? She'll have the crappiest life and will be ruined before eventually killing herself too. Your family? Stefan and Damon? Well, they'll maybe cry for a day but then, they'll be fine because they have Elena. You're no match with her. They love her at a point that it actually gets you out of yourself. Oh and Caroline? Let's face it. You always had her back but she never had yours. When did she actually back you up? She's there for Elena and Bonnie. But you? You're the third wheel in the best friend trio of hers, tells and asks me, Artemis, as she keeps getting closer and closer to me. That's... None of this is true. She's just trying to get to me so I'll give up. Kol is stronger than that. Meryll will never have a crappy life. Dad and Damon love me. And Care did have my back before... Right? Everything she said isn't true... Right? Why do I even doubt? I don't know what to think anymore. Maybe I shouldn't think actually... You're just a filler, Gillian, and you don't even see it. Or maybe you do, but you won't admit it. But thanks to me, this is going to end soon, she tells me with a smirk, looking proud of herself for inflecting me any pain that she can. Words are just as painful as being bashed. But that's not what's going to bring me down. I've been through worse before. I'll definitely go through this... I have to!