102. Sometimes, a lie worth more than the truth...

Gillian's P.O.V.

- Come on, we have to go now, baby, I say to my daughter as I am waiting for her next to the front door. I have her school bag in my hand as Kol opens the door for me. I wanted to bring Meryll to school this morning. Actually, I want to bring her there as often as I can. I know I should be in class at this time, but I really wanted to be with my little girl and bring her to school for once. I feel like we don't spend as much time we each other as I would like. And besides, Meryll has been asking for me to drive her there, so I thought : "why not today?"

- Coming, mom! She replies while seeing her coming towards me on one foot. She's trying to put her second shoe on which she finally managed to put it on. I softly laugh along with Kol, amused by our Little Bean.

- Slow down, Beanie Bear, you're gonna fall, he tells her while chuckling. Our daughter smiles back to her father before she envelopes him in her arms. Kol bends over to be at her height. Bye, Darling. Have nice day at school, he wishes her, embracing her back all while kissing the top of her head.

- I will! Bye, dad! She responds joyfully before kissing his cheek. She turns to me, take her school bag from my hand and runs to the car. I smile amused. She's so full of energy...

- Be careful on the road, Beautiful, tells me, Kol, as his hands come circling my waist. I look up at my man and smile at him.

- I'm just dropping Meryll at school, Kol. Then, I need to go see Uncle Ric at... I remind him with a soft tone, passing my arm around his back. Our faces are still facing one another.

- Be careful on the road, Beautiful, he repeats seriously, yet, with his beautiful smile. Unable to resist, my smile grows wider to the sight of his.

- Do you not trust my driving? I ask him playfully which caused the both of us to softly laugh. Kol slightly shakes his head, telling it isn't why he asked me to be careful on the road. I know... Fine. I'll be careful on the road, I reply sincerely while nodding my head up and down.

- Thank you. I love you, he whispers softly as his eyes falls on my lips.

- I love you more, I reply with the same softness. Kol licks his lips as he begins to lean down. Feeling his breath on my face, I close my eyes, getting ready for his sweet kiss.

- Mom, I'm going to be late! I hear Meryll screaming from the car. Both, Kol and I laugh to her comment as he didn't have time to kiss me.

- She's spending way too much time with you, Darling, he tells me with an amused tone. I keep softly laughing all while shrugging, telling him it's not my fault.

- I love you, Handsome, I say as I place my left hand on the back of his neck.

- I love you more, he responds with love. I don't wait for him to lean in and bring his face down.

I kiss him with a passionate kiss which Kol answers to instantly. He pulls away from the kiss and places one last on my forehead before letting me go. Right, I have few things to do... The two of us exchange one last smile before I walk over to our daughter waiting next to the car. I unlock it and Meryll gets in the back. That's weird... I can smell a faint scent, but I don't know where it's coming from... I can't really say what I smell either since it's so faint. Though, it does smell familiar... I get inside the car and make sure that Meryll has her seat belt on. Alright! I do a reverse and begin to drive off the Salvatore Alley. Meryll waves at her father who is still standing on the porch. He waves back at her as he watches us drive away.