10. Past stays in the past

Gillian's P.O.V.

Last night was pretty rough. Damon killed Aunt Lexi, I fought with him and he broke my neck. Dad probably fought as well with his brother until I came back to life. I fell asleep fast despite my angriness and my tears. I am laying on the side in my bed awake but with my eyes close waiting for my alarm to ring when I feel a presence behind me. I turn around and see my uncle with two cups of coffee in his hands and smiling to me. I roll over surprised of him being here and accidently fell off my bed.

- You okay, Boo? he says walking around my bed, puting one cup on my desk before he comes helping me.

- Don't touch me! In case you have forgotten, you broke my neck and killed me, I tell him madly, pushing him away.

- I'm sorry, Boo, I know I went too far last night but to excuse myself I brought you coffee, he says and hands me one of the cups. I look at it and grab it before passing him and returning to my bed. You're going to be late for school.

- Who cares?

- Well, your dad... me.

- Right, like you care for people and especially your little brother and his daughter, I tell him annoyed by my uncle. I get up and take some clothes from my wardrobe.

- Do you want me to drope you at school? he asks sitting on my bed and looking at me. I walk to him and grab his jaw with one hand before looking straight into his eyes. I shrug before returning to my wardrobe.

- What are you trying to do? seriously? I ask him closing the wardrobe.

- I'm trying to act like I should have been a long time ago, like your uncle, he simply answers.

- Right, it's going to last five minutes, not even, I answer before my bedroom door suddenly opens.

- Lilou, are you... Damon, what the hell are you doing in her room? asks, my father angrily after remarking his brother sitting on my bed.

 - Peace offering. Come on, Damon stands up and takes the second cup of coffee before handing it to my father, you need it for blood circulation. Does dead flesh good! Dad makes a weird face and Uncle Damon sighs. All right. I'm sorry.

- Step aside, please, I still don't want you near my daughter, replies, dad, while walking towards me and hugging me from the side.

- Dad..., I started to say but my uncle cuts me off.

- I got the town off our back. It was for the greater good, but I'm sorry. And, to prove it, I'm not gonna feed on a human. I stare at my uncle, my mouth wide open and my eyes blinking several times not believing what he just said, For at least a week. I'll adopt a Stefan and Gillian diet! Only nothing with feathers, I roll my eyes but smile anyway. I knew it was impossible for him to stop killing people.

- 'Cause I realize that killing your closest and oldest friend and your daughter is beyond evil, and yet somehow, it's worthy of humor, mocks, my father, crossing his arms over his chest. I look at the brothers grimacing at their mocks.

- Are you mimicking me? asks, my uncle smirking.

 - Yes, Stefan. Now that the secret society of vampires haters is off our back, I can go back to my routine of "How can I destroy Stefan's life this week?" continues, dad.

- And I can go back to sulking and Elena-longing and forehead brooding, mocks, my uncle, continuing the game between them. This is fun! I like this, smiles, Damon.