13. Welcome back to the 50's

Gillian's P.O.V

Uncle Damon and I get back to the boarding house, and I'm not gonna lie, we are both very drunk. Damon has to keep an arm around me while walking me inside. I can't even stand and walk straight. All I do is laughing drunkly while recounting him stupid stories that happened to me. My uncle keeps shushing me while laughing as well so my dad won't hear us. Speaking of the devil... I guess we were not that discret. Dad arrives quickly in front of us, running down the stairs and frowning madly at his brother.

- Damon, what the hell?! Where were you? Why is my daughter drunk? he asks gesturing madly and talking with an upset tone.

- Well, she needed some time off, so I brought her to the Grill and we had some drinks together, explains, my uncle while smirking which made me laugh. Dad shakes his head and sighs before taking me in his arms bridle style. Where're you taking her?

- To her bedroom. You've done enough for tonight, Damon, responds, my dad, beginning to walk up the stairs.

- Goodnight, Uncle Damon, thank you for tonight, I say in a very happy and drunk way while chuckling.

- Goodnight, Boo, no problem, he answers, smirking and walking to the parlor room.

My father brings me to my bedroom and layes me down on my bed. He takes off my shoes, my jacket and put me under my blanket. I groan and push them away but he puts it back up before sitting next to me and sighing disappointed.

- I'm not tired dad, move, I tell him as I try to get up but miserably fail.

- Gillian, stay layed. You're drunk. You need to sleep, baby, he tells me with a surprising calm tone.

- Why should I listen to you? You don't love me anymore, I tell him tiredly. I know it is really dumb what I told him but I can't help it. I must be really drunk...

- Gillian, don't say that. I'll always love you, your my daughter.

- I know it's a lie, you lied to me, you keep lying and lying to me since we arrived. You lied about my mom, about Elena... You are letting me alone and I keep feeling that you don't want me around you anymore, I tell him in a very drunkly and dramatic way. I see him lightly smiling. Dad takes off his shoes and comes laying down beside me. Tears are rolling down but I don't even know the reason. Tiredness? Drunkness? Dad passes and arm around me and I have my head on his shoulder. He kisses my forehead.

- I'm sorry if I hurt you, baby, I humm while closing my eyes. I feel my dad's hand stroking my hair and my cheek while keeping a tight embrace on me. I slowly but quickly fall asleep, forgetting everything for one night.

Stefan's P.O.V.

After Gillian fell asleep, I stared at her beautiful face. I need to be more present for her, I know that and I'll do my best since the whole Elena thing is almost over. I will spend time with her... I'll try to make happy again. I kiss her forehead and gently stand up from her bed to go to my bedroom to read a bit before sleeping as well.

Few days have passed since this event and Elena and I are actually talking in her bedroom, on her bed.

- Stefan, who was that man in the road? asks me, Elena, looking confused.

- I don't know. Do you remember anything else about him? I ask her, frowning lightly.

- I wish. I never really saw his face. He was wearing a hoodie. All I can remember is that there was these black boots coming towards me.