56. Hybrids gone, Little Ripper is on

Damon's P.O.V.

I step out of the shower and walk into my bedroom, whistling happily. Today is a good day! Or last night was a good night! After waiting for that kiss to happen again, it finally did. As bad as it sounds, I don't even feel guilty about stealing Stefan's love. Or maybe I do but I don't know yet? Anyway, I enter my bedroom, whistling happily and smiling when I see Stefan waiting for me, leaning against the door frame. My baby brother has his arms crossed over his chest.

- Good morning, I greet my baby brother, cheerfully.

- You're late. We were supposed to meet Bonnie at the witch house in ten minutes, reminds me, Stefan, sounding and looking serious.

- Relax, brother. You don't want your hair to fall out, I joke, lightly smirking.

- Would you hurry up? We have work to do. You know, Klaus isn't gonna spontaneously self-destruct, I faintly nod, staring at him still smiling happily. Why are you all chipper? questions, Stefan with curiosity and frowning lightly confused.

- No reason. Be with you in a minute, I answer, lying to him before turning around to go get ready. If you knew the reason... I would probably be dead.

Alaric's P.O.V.

I walk into my living-room and see Elena punching a punching-ball hanging in the middle of the room. What's got to her? She's... Up early today and seems upset. I wonder what happened beside the recent events with Jeremy and I. When I woke up this morning, Jeremy was doing his bags, packing his stuffs to go to Denver like he is supposed to. I guess Damon's compulsion worked fine. It's good if the kid is away... at least, it makes one of us to have the opportunity to live a normal life.

- Hey, you're gonna put a hole in that thing! I say jokingly while walking toward her. You want to talk about it? I question gently after not hearing the brunette answering to my joke.

- Nothing to talk about, she responds, punching the punching ball harder and then, kicking it. I come behind it and hold it up for her so it will stop moving from side to side. I stare at the brunette for minutes, letting her express herself a bit more. Each of her hits are becoming rougher and rougher. Something is definitely up...

- So, what's got you all worked up? I finally ask, wanting to know what is preoccupying her mind.

- I didn't really sleep last night, she answers, staring at the punching ball like it was her worst enemy.

- Yeah, me neither. Probably something to do with dying... I answer, faintly smiling as I quickly look at my ring. I'm still wondering why it didn't heal me well and also, what will happen the next time I'll die?

- Are you okay? She asks me with concerned while stopping punching the punching ball for a moment.

- Yeah I'm fine, I'm fine. I think the ring, however, is running low on batteries, Elena nods before restarting to punch and kick the punching ball as I hold it.

- Yeah, that's another reason why Jeremy has to get out of town. If those rings have a shelf life, he is not protected, neither are you, replies, Jeremy's sister before, suddenly, kicking the back with all the strength she can muster. I groan as I step back, still holding the punching back.

- Nice, nice, you're getting stronger, I compliment her, nodding and faintly smiling at her.

- I'm just channeling frustration, she answers. I need coffee, the girl turns around, taking the gloves off before throwing them on the counter. She takes the cup and pours some coffee in it.