78. Being forgotten or misunderstood... it's just a hard beginning

Matt's P.O.V.

It's nighttime and I have been running frantically through the woods for several long minutes. Even on the field I don't run that fast and that long... My breathing is a total mess, I don't even know how I am still breathing right now. After Jeremy and I exited that Zanadew Lounge bar, the people that Klaus killed and turned into a vampire quickly caught us up, which is why I am running from right now. I turn rapidly around to look behind me but I dont see anyone. Let's keep going... Those things can find me quickly just by the smell of my skin or hearing the blood rushing in my veins. I need to catch my breath a bit and my legs are burning from running... I hide behind an enormous tree and don't make a noise as I take few deep breaths in and out. I can't hear anyone approaching me or running towards me anymore. I frown confused and look discretely around the tree. Nothing... Did I really made him lost my tracks? I turn back around when something attacks me, biting my neck. Damn! I scream and groan of pain when the vampire suddenly stops feeding on me. What? The vampire falls down on the ground, dead, with an arrow in the back, going through its heart. Jer... I look up at my friend before letting myself sliding down the tree, feeling weak suddenly. Between the run and him feeding on my blood... It's a lot to digest at one. Jeremy quickly puts his arrow down and runs up to me, concerned.

Jeremy's P.O.V.

Minutes ago at the Zanadew Lounge bar

- No way. I'm not doing this, I complain to Klaus and Damon as I look alternately between them. I didn't accept for Damon to help me so he can force me to kill... I just needed practice and get control.

- What makes you think you have a choice? questions, Klaus to me with a serious tone as he doesn't look patient at all.

- You have to kill vampires to complete the hunter's mark. Mark equals cure. You're in a bar full of almost vampires, so get your hunt on, reminds and orders me, Damon, turning to face me since I am standing next to him. The vampire smirks to me.

- Screw you. You said I wouldn't have to kill any innocent people, I insult and remind him his words with seriousness and an upset tone.

- Jeremy, they're not people, corrects me, Damon, smiling humorlessly as he seems to not take this seriously... Like most of the time.

- Enough! Have at it, or else, tells loudly and with a mad tone, Klaus as he clearly loses his patience.

- I don't take orders from you, dick, I answer to Klaus before dropping the stake down on the floor of the bar. Hunters can't be compelled, Klaus laughs to my reminder as he walks up to me.

- You're right. I can't compel you. But if your conscience is getting in the way, then allow me to make this easy for you. Because, I can compel them, responds, Klaus turning around to step back to where he was standing as he looks at all the vampires in transition. Wait, who are they? Some people come from the back of the bar and walk up to the vampires in transition around the room. No... They give their blood to them, feeding them and completing their transition. I'm gonna give you a two-minute head start. Then I'm gonna send every vampires in here after you. You kill them, or they kill your friend... smiles, Klaus before turning to the human boy, Matt.

- Wait a second! tells nervously and scaredly, Matt as he looks at Damon and I for help.

- No, no. You turn them, he kills them. That was the deal, Klaus, disagrees and reminds, Damon to Klaus with a serious tone as he frowns to the Original Hybrid.