19. John Gilbert who?

Gillian's P.O.V.

A week has passed since the kidnapping and dad has been acting weirdly. He doesn't drink any animal blood bag and seems a bit more like... Damon. I ask him everyday if he is okay or if he needs me to do something for him but he would just brushed off my questions and answers positively. I keep thinking that he acts like this because of Elena's blood is his system. I knew this would turn wrong.

I am in my bedroom, trying to do my English paper since an hour but dad decided to put the music really loud. I sigh and groan before vamp-speeding to my father's bedroom. He is exercising on the horizontal beam from the ceiling.

- Dad, I love you very much but please turn this music down before I become deaf, I scream over the loud music. Uncle Damon enters the bedroom with a glass of blood in his hand, annoyment shown on his face.

- Could you turn it up a little bit? It's not annoying yet, mocks Damon, screaming as well over the loud music.

- Sorry, apologize dad. My uncle walks to the hi-fi system and turns the music off. My ears thank him right now. Dad releases the beam and starts doing push-ups.

- When are you going back to school? questions Damon as he comes back beside me.

- Soon, answers dad.

- Oh come on. Just drink already. Come on, this self-detox is not natural, says my uncle while kneeling beside his brother with the glass of blood extremely near my father.

- Seriously Uncle Damon, I roll my eyes. He turns his head around before smirking.

- Can you get that away from me please? pleads dad, mentioning the glass of blood Damon is holding.

- How long did it take you to wean yourself of it the last time you indulged? I watch my dad moving away from my uncle, puting his feet on his armchair and continuing his push-ups. Dad doesn't answer Damon's question which makes my uncle smirking. That's not good.

- I'll be fine; it just takes a little bit of time.

- I don't get it; you know, you don't have to kill to survive. That's what blood banks are for, I roll my eyes again. I haven't hunted in a human in... God way too long, I smirk as I listen to my uncle talking.

- Oh, impressive Uncle Damon, He doesn't move but I heard him smirking again.

- It's completely self-serving. I'm trying to get the town off the trail of vampires which is not very easy considering that there is an entire tomb of them running around. Damon comes back beside me as we both look at my father. Dad stands up and faces us.

- What are we planning on doing about that? questions dad crossing his arms over his chest.

- We're not going to do much of anything if you don't have your strength. There's nothing wrong with partaking in a healthy diet of human blood from a blood bank, Damon approaches his brother again but dad backs away due to the smell of the blood. You're not actually killing anyone.

- I have my reasons, I look down as I know what he is mentioning.

- Well, what are those holier-than-thou reasons? You know, we never actually discussed this. You know, I'd- I'd love to hear this story, tells Damon as he sits in the armchair. If only you knew...

- You're really enjoying this, aren't you? Watching me struggle?

- Very much so, smirks my uncle.

- I hate to break it to you Damon but... I actually have it under complete control, I lightly frown, knowing he isn't saying the truth.

- You do? Well, then you should just carry on, making the rest of us vampires look bad, Uncle Damon stands up and walks to the door, leaving his glass of blood. I stare at the red liquid as I smell it. It smells good but I won't drink any. Have a great day, Stefan. I look up and see that dad is staring at me. I shake my head as I know what his eyes are saying. Damon reenters the room. Oh, hey, almost forgot something, he takes the glass back. Oops. I glance at my uncle not amused by what he is doing with dad. Shouldn't you be going to school? You're going to be late Boo.