5. Founder's party

Stefan's P.O.V.

Ahh! I wake up this morning with my brother looking down at me and smirking like always. I push him away and stand up to walk toward my desk.

- Bad dream? Do you know how easy it was to get into your head just now? I listen to his questions while grabbing a knife on my desk beside my diary. You really need some human blood. It might even the playing field. Football reference. Too soon, he says laughing. I turn around knowing he's behind me and stab him with the knife in the stomach. Damon groans but pulls it out easily.

- All right, I deserved that. But I just wanted to let you know, they caught the culprit. The animal responsible for killing coach Tanner and all those people.

- What are you talking about? I ask frowning confused.

- It was a mountain lion. Really big one. It attacked a hunter this morning. It's all over the news. "Deadly beast captured. All's well in Mystic Falls."

- Why would you cover your tracks?

- I've decided to stay a while. And I'm just having way too much fun here with you and Elena. And Gillian, she needs someone to watch after her because it seems like you don't recently. My brother's lips curve again into a smirk.

- Can't touch her now. And don't you dare hurting Gillian, Damon, I swear I will make YOU live a living hell, I warn and threat my brother.

- Well, the vervain keeps me out of her head. Maybe that's not my target. Believe it or not, Stefan, some girls don't need my persuasion. Some girls just can't resist my good looks, my style and my charm and my unflinching ability to listen to Taylor Swift, I stare at him angrily when a sharp pain in my chest is feeling. I groan, hurt as I fall on my knees, supporting myself on the desk. Damon just stabbed me back with the knife. He walks a bit farther in the room. And for Gillian, I think you're the one who is hurting her right now. Poor Boo, he says while making a sad face before laughing.

I remove the knife from my stomach and put it on the desk before sitting in my chair and write in my diary. I hear someone passing in front of my room. I look up and watch Gillian going to the bathroom. She looks so tired and her eyes are still red. I call her but she slams the wooden door. I sigh and take a piece of paper to write down a note to my daughter.

- "I'm going to Elena's. If you need me, call me, for anything. I know you hate me but, please, don't think I let you down. I don't. I want to talk to you when I come back home, I think we have some explaining to do to each other. Especially me. I love you so much Gillian."

I sign and fold the paper before puting it on her bed, in the middle of it to be sure she will see it. I exit her bedroom and vamp-speed to my car before driving to Elena's. I park in front of her house and walk to her front door to ring the bell.

- Hi, she says smiling and dragging me inside her home before kissing me passionately.

- Hi, I respond to her, kissing her lips as well. She drags me to her room, still kissing each other which leads us to a make out session on her bed. I kiss her neck furiously when I remark, in the mirror, that my face is transforming. I pull away from her and sit up on her bed, taking quiet, deep breath to calm down.

- Are you okay? She asks kindly and concerned while sitting up beside me.

- I'm good. Sorry, I answer, still hiding my face the best I can.

- Maybe we should press pause.

- Yeah, you're probably right. That was getting a bit...