50. Prank or karma?

Gillian's P.O.V.

It's night time and I'm at the school with the others on Caroline's demand. The blonde vampire wanted us to prank everyone since a new year is going to start pretty soon now. And it's our last year in high school so she wants to make it epic, which is understandable. But, I already did that year more than one time, so it doesn't really matter to me. I came because I need to change my ideas lately... Uncle Damon and mom are gone to only God knows where. They asked me to stay at Mystic Falls if anything happens. I wasn't really happy to stay alone but I didn't want to travel either, after what happened with dad back in Chicago. I prefered staying alone than watching him ignoring me in a way. I set an umpteenth trap on the floor of a classroom when suddenly, all of the traps lightly jumps, activated by themselves. I frown confused when the lights turns on and I discover Matt, looking at us with confusedness.

- Ohh! Oh, come on! Seriously?! Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?! complains, Caroline, with annoyment in her voice.

- Forgot about senior prank night, huh? asks, Tyler, sounding as annoyed as Care was. I stand up from the floor and put my hands in my back pockets.

- Clearly, answers Matt.

- How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year, argues the blonde vampire. I roll my eyes and smile at the same time, amused. I remember the first time I did my senior year... It was epic!

- Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this, tells, Elena, sitting on a desk.

- I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this, replies our friend, looking surprised.

- Caroline's making us, I correct him.

- We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't... starts saying Caroline but gets cut by Elena.

- And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all? finishes, the brunette, smiling to her best friend.

- Go ahead and make fun, I don't care, answers Caroline, rolling her eyes while her friends smile back, amused by the blonde.

- You're all lame. And I've got ten more classrooms to prank, tells, Tyler as he grabs a bag and leaves. I chuckle to the werewolf reply as I walk toward the door with a bag on my shoulder.

- Hey! Where are you going? asks me Bonnie. I turn around and see the others looking at me confused.

- To fill some cups before covering the whole floor of the gym, I reply smirking. Caroline smiles at me happily. I turn to look at Elena even though it's hard between us. You should go superglue Alaric's desk shut, the brunette faintly smile, looking a bit awkward even though she seems to like the idea. I look back at Caroline who is still smiling at me. Trying to make good memories, I wink to all of them before turning around to exit the classroom.

- I love you! I hear the blonde vampire telling me with happiness.

I shake my head while smiling as I walk to the gym. I cross my path with several students, looking more than excited about pranking everyone. I chuckle by the sight of their happiness. It's nice to truly smile for once. I enter the gym and remark that others are already filling cups and putting them on the floor of the gym. A girl from my school, Dana, comes to me and hands me a tower of cups with bottles of water. I smile at her and take them before helping everyone with that prank. First day will be more than epic this year.

Elena's P.O.V.

After Gillian exits the classroom, I follow her steps and walk to Alaric's classroom. Stefan's daughter seems... different. She sends a happy image of her, like everything is going to fine but I can tell she is just pretending. She seems to try her best at staying in line, but I don't know how long she'll keep up like this. I'm scared that she'll switch her emotions one day. It will cause us more problem. When I exit the classroom, I see Tyler giving instructions to other students while he hands them rolls of saran wrap.