43. The beginning of the end is sooner than we thought

Damon's P.O.V.

I'm in my bed, laying down on my mattress and staring at the ceiling while listening to Elijah's conversation with Elena and Stefan downstairs. I don't understand why Stefan is so into protecting Elena and not trying to save his daughter. I mean, yes, Elena is in danger but Gillian is in much more danger right now than the brunette. Klaus can kill her at any time. But I don't think he will. He'll need my niece for the sacrifice, so he'll keep her locked down with Katherine and killed them tonight. I need to find a way to save them, at least Gillian.

- Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse, announces Elijah which immediately worries me even more. I get up and get dress with my vampire speed to go downstairs, joining them.

- Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus, questions my baby brother to the Original as I walk down the stairs to go to the library.

- Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... He'll be a true hybrid, informs the old vampire as I make my entrance in the room. Stefan is looking at Elena with worry while the brunette is seems to be accepting the fact that she'll die tonight.

- Then why are we letting him break the curse? I ask as everyone lands their eyes on me. We can kill him today. With Bonnie, I insist on the fact that we should use Bonnie. She's our best chance to eliminate Klaus.

- Damon... warns my little brother but Elena cuts him.

- No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying, reminds me Elena even though I didn't forget that part. I don't want the witch to die either, as weird as it seems and might sound, I do care about Bonnie.

- I'll write her a great eulogy, I state as I look at the brunette.

- It's not an option, Damon, insists Jeremy's sister, sternly. I frown and stare madly at my brother's girlfriend. I don't know what makes me more mad. The fact that she won't let Bonnie kill Klaus. The fact that she is rejecting me and wants to control us every damn time of the day and night. Or the fact that she forgot that Gillian is at the same position as her.

- All right, how do we break this curse? questions Stefan, breaking the tentions in this room.

- Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know, answers Elijah while passing in front of me to go get something.

- The moon stone, responds my little brother while nodding.

- A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each, explains the Original vampire.

- And where do I fit into it? questions Elena, confused.

- And my niece? I ask and everyone looks at me frowning except Stefan who frowns sadly and lowers lightly his head.

- Both girl will go to the final part of the ritual, Elijah takes a box from the bookshelf and comes back to us. Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger or the daughter of the doppelgänger... to the point of your death, I look at Elena with madness while this one looks scared. Stefan takes her hand while puting his forehead in his other one with worry.

- And that's where you come in, tells the brunette after sighing. Elijah opens the box and takes a jar out from it. Okay, now what the hell is in this?