55. The compulsion of freedom

Bonnie's P.O.V.

I am walking through the woods, in the direction of the old abandoned house where the witches were burned, feeling like something is calling me. I frown confused, still walking toward it. I feel like something is wrong... I enter the dusty and empty house, looking around carefully. Only the resonance of my steps are heard. The rays of light coming through the broken windows are all that is lightening up the place. I keep walking slowly inside the house when I, suddenly, hear voices whispering. I turn my head and look at the dark path, leading to the basement. Whispers are all around I, I can hear, feel and sense it strongly. I walk down the stairs to the basement until discovering four caskets. Where do they come from? Who put them here? And when did it happen? One of the casket is higher then the others. I frown confused and step toward it, curious to see who or what is inside. The whispering is becoming louder at each of my steps. I put my hand on the casket and open it without thinking twice. Klaus? What is he doing here? Who killed him? Wait, he can't be dead, he... I don't know. I frown even more confused when I see Elena's necklace in his hands. I slowly try to grab the necklace, staying on my guard if the Original Hybrid suddenly wakes up and attacks me. But instead, A noise coming from behind me, made me turn around and gasp, scared. All of a sudden, I wake up, breathing rapidly as I sit on my bed. It was just a dream... It was just a dream...

Elena's P.O.V.

I woke up early this morning, to go do a long jogging outside through Mystic Falls. I guess I need it. I run from streets to streets, sidewalks to sidewalks until passing through the Town Square. I speed a bit more, trying to bit my time compare to the last one. I stop running, finishing my tour before watching my watch. Miness thirty seconds compare to the last one... it's a start. I look around, my hands on my hips while regaining my breathing slowly. Next time, I need to do much better than thirty seconds. I let a long breath out while turning around to walk back home. Who the hell is that? A man in a hoodie comes toward me, running. I frown confused before beginning to run again. The man is still following me. I take a turn, still running while lightly looking behind me. Maybe it was just a morning runner and I made a film in my head. No... he is still following me! I speed a bit more, running as fast as I can to lose him until stopping next to a tree. I turn around and see that the man isn't behind me anymore. I keep a grip onto the tree, regaining my breathing few seconds after the scaredness I just gave myself because of that man. Maybe it was just a coincidence that he turned when I turned... I turn around to begin to walk back home, for real this time when I, suddenly, bump into someone. No...

- Excuse me, apologizes, the man as he takes his hood off as well as his earphones. Should have been watching where I was going.

- Don't worry about it, I answer, lightly frowning as I try not to look at his eyes.

- Have a nice day, smiles, the man, before jogging away. I turn around, watching him go with a suspicious and confused look.

Gillian's P.O.V.

I woke up early this morning. After what Klaus told me last night and my talk with Alaric in the woods, I just couldn't stop thinking. They are both right... I was letting myself go, I was letting everything touching and destroying me little by little. I thought it was going to make me stronger, that I would learn to gain strength by doing this. But I was wrong. I was just "killing" myself slowly. When the sun was just starting to show, I decided to go for a run to clear my head and start the morning well. I'm still not over what Damon and mom did last night... I ran for probably an hour, maybe a bit more, before going back to the boarding house. I enter my home, wiping the sweat off my forehead with a towel, listening to music with my earphones while drinking from my water bottle. I walk toward the basement and go grab an animal blood bag from the refrigerator. I open it and start drinking while walking back upstairs when I remark that the door of the cell is closed. Shouldn't it be open? I frown confused and take the bag off my mouth as I approach it. I can't believe it! They're keeping her dead here?! I shake my head, upset and still frowning before walking back upstairs with my blood bag. I walk through the corridors, sipping the red liquid when my music, suddenly, stops playing. I stop walking and look at my phone vibrating. I roll my eyes and answer the call.