95. Manipulation downloading... 100% Successful!

Gillian's P.O.V.

It's daytime and for once, my day started well. I just hope it will continue like this... The sun is up outside, in a clear blue sky and birds are singing. I am enjoying a lunch with three of the people I love the most. Kol, Meryll and mom... Mom called me last night... Or early this morning. I don't know which one fits better to say that she called me at 2:13 a.m.. At first, I was scared when I saw mom's name on the screen of my phone. So many questions popped up in only few seconds... Why is she calling me? Where did she got a phone? Is that woman letting her talk to me? Is she okay? Is she in danger? Is this to tell me it will be our last time talking? Will she tell me to forget her? All horrible questions running in my mind, and all single one of them made me panic more and more. But when I answer the call and she just asked me to come here for lunch with my fiancé and the kid... A part of me was relieved while the other part of me was slowly trying to process what she said. So here I am this noon, sitting at a table, Mom sitting across from Kol and I, and Meryll sitting at the end of the table. We already ordered our food and I have to admit, ever since that waitress walked back to the kitchen to tell the cooker what we want, none of us have said much. It's kind of awkward... I could feel Meryll glancing at all of us with a confused frown. I would smile kindly at her to comfort her. The waitress comes back to our table within the next ten minutes and places the plates before us.

- Call me if you need anything, she tells us with a smile before walking away to continue to do her job.

- Thank you, answers, mom to the waitress, smiling back. I stare at her, remarking that something is wrong with her. Wronger than usual... Like something is missing. Is it just me? Or am I just not habituate to the fact that she is now human? Mom looks at her food with joy and hunger before she looks up at Kol and I and then Meryll. Would you like some Ketchup, Hon'? She suddenly questions to Meryll, picking up the Ketchup bottle on the table.

- Yes, please, replies politely, Meryll, nodding to my mom and smiling. My mother chuckles to the cuteness of the kid and pours some Ketchup in Meryll's plate. Thank you, thanks, Meryll, taking some fries before plunging them in the Ketchup.

- You're welcome, softly replies, mom, putting the reddish bottle back on the table. She takes her knife and fork before starting to cut the food in her plate. Mom looks up at my fiancé and I, still faintly smiling. So, how's it going for you Lovebirds? Anything interesting happening in your life? Must always be more interesting than mine... She questions and tells us with an interested tone. Why is she like this? She's hiding something. I can sense it...

- Where were you, mom? I ask her with a concerned tone, frowning as well. Mom stops cutting what she has in her plate and stares at me. What did that woman do to you? Did she hurt you? I continue to ask her questions as I can't help myself but to get concerned and worried for her. I see that something is wrong... But what?

- Not exactly... Hum... She begins to answer, looking lost. Why does she seems so... Confused? It's like she doesn't know where to start... A lot happened while I was... Away. I discovered things I thought it would never happened. I've learned interesting things. I observed my surroundings as humanly good as possible. And I got tricked by your uncle as well, briefly explains, my mother to us, speaking with a low voice so nobody will humanly hear her. Interesting thing...? Like what? What did she observed? And what did Damon do this time? I... Begins to says, mom, but abruptly stops. She glances at Meryll who is completely focused on the food in her plate. I might have also been cold on the ground for a moment, whispers, mom, placing her hand next to her mouth like she tries to stop those words to reach Meryll's ears. Cold on the ground... Dead?