25. Carnival of horror

Caroline's P.O.V.

I wake up and look around my room. I remember Ele... no, it wasn't her. What did she say her name was? Katherine. I remember Katherine coming earlier and then... It was all black. I remember she put the pillow on my face and killed me. What time is it? I'm hungry. I get off my bed and walk out of the room. A nurse is the only person, here, in sight. She's doing papers at her desk. 

- Excuse me? Where is everyone? I ask politely but also frowning confused to the nurse.

- It's the middle of the night honey, she answers while still doing her papers.

- It is? Oh, uh... have you seen my mom?

- She left after dinner with your boyfriend and then your friend Elena stepped by, Elena came? I keep frowning confusedy while looking quickly down.

- She did? the nurse looks at me like I'm crazy. Yeah, she did but she said her name was Katherine. Can I just get something to eat?

- Breakfast comes around seven.

- But I'm hungry.

- You should go back to sleep, I sigh and walk back toward my room when I smell something. Smells delicious!

- What is that smell? I ask her turning around again to face the nurse. The woman sighs before repeating me to go back to bed. I nod and then nurse leaves. I look around to see where the smell comes from when I remark the blood bag in a patient's room. I walk toward the blood bag and touch it before the nurse surprised me.

- What are you doing in here? questions the nurse sternly.

- I don't know.

- You need to go back to bed, she takes me back to my room and leaves, closing the door behind her.

I sit on my bed and take the blood bag I was hiding in my pocket. It smells so good but it disgusts me at the same time. I put the ''straw'' of the bag to my mouth and start swallowing the red liquid. God, it disgusting. I throw the bag to the floor, crying, scared and nervous. Why am I drinking blood? What is happening to me? I look down at the bag on the floor. It's like it is telling me to drink it. I climb down the bed and pick up the bag before drinking it again when I feel myself changing. God, it hurts but the blood is so good.

Bonnie's P.O.V.

Everyone is preparing for the Mystic Falls High School Carnival. I used to love going there but with all those supernatural things that happen since the beginning of the year, I just kinda lost the fun of it. Elena and I are taking care of everything this year which is good, I think. It allows us to breath from everything that is happening. Well, unless we talk about Katherine.

- Katherine looked just like you, it was freakish, I tell her as I remember the little scene in the Lockwood's mansion.

- She is my ancestor, responds Elena while taking bags full of stuff animals out of the truck and sighing. Hey, I moved the student booth into the cafeteria.

- Your vampire ancestor and she didn't just resemble you like a family member would. She was you.

- I don't know, I can't explain it. It's creepy, that's all I got, she tells me aggrevated by the situation with Katherine. I can't blame her, having someone who is always taking your identity must be aggrevating.

- How do you know she's not still out there pretending to be you? I ask helping her with the stuff to arrange them in the stand.

- I don't but I could sit here and be tortured by the not-knowing or I could get these prizes to the ring toss.