91. My eyes deceived me, but it's still the same... Pretend it's okay.

Bonnie's PO.V.

- It was supposed to be a nice family event, I begin to recount to Jeremy, he and I sitting on the sofa at the Salvatore Boarding House. It is still the night and nobody is up. Damon is sleeping upstairs, in the same room a that little girl. Jeremy says it's because he wants to protect her like he promised Kol and Gillian. Just stopped in to see my dad, I continue to say, remembering my father standing well on the stage at the End-of-Summer celebration, smiling as he was saying his speech as the Mayor of the town. He looked so happy for a moment... Then Silas showed up... Said he was testing how powerful his mind-control had become, I explain to the Gilbert hunter, frowning sadly, feeling my eyes watering up as I remember perfectly what Silas did and said. "Nobody make a sound, or move a muscle."... That's exactly what he said when he mind-controlled all those innocents... The entire town did exactly what he said. He didn't want any witnesses, so he told them to forget what he did. They watched my dad die... They couldn't do anything, or tell anyone, I continue to explain what happened to Elena's little brother. I can't stop remembering all those people standing still like the time has stopped, them staring dead at Silas on the podium while he was slicing my father's throat opened. God, that was horrible... Jeremy and I glance at each other quietly for a moment, a heavy tension taking possession of the room. He wants to help me, I know he does. But is there actually something to do to help me? What are you gonna do? You gonna hug me? I ask to the vampire hunter next to me, my voice cracking as I feel a lump in my throat.

- I want to, he whispers sincerely to me, looking at me like he is sharing my pain.

- Well, you can't. You can't touch me, and I can't touch you, because I'm dead, I say, reminding the both of us how unfortunate our situation is. Just like my dad, except he's not supernatural, so I don't get to see him on the other side. He's just... I say with an emotional voice, but I cannot finish my sentence. The words are too hard to pronounce. Just the memories are too much to handle... I close my eyes and take a deep breath in and out to pull myself together. That should do it... Silas is using his mind-control to find Katherine. He told everyone in the town square to keep an eye out for anyone that looks like Elena. Whatever he wants with Katherine, we can't let him have it, I explain to my friend with a serious tone, shaking my head negatively at him.

Gillian's P.O.V.

I am sitting on the edge of the window, looking outside in the night while half thinking. I mean... I don't really know how to explain. I am thinking, but I think so much that I feel like I can't make a proper idea to what I am thinking... If that makes sense? I want dad... I need him... I never went through this without him before. It feels... Weird... Empty... Like something is missing in the process. I know Kol is here for me and I can't be any more thankful than I already am to have him, but with dad... It wasn't the same. Beside, since I've recovered my emotions, I keep feeling like something wrong happened to dad. I know he would never left me like he did... It's like... It's like it's under my eyes, that I know he is in danger, but I'm blinded by a thick black sheet. I wonder when he could be right now? Why hasn't he called me? Write to me? Message me? Just gave me a life sign... It doesn't seem like my dad. He would always make sure that I know he is okay. I wipe an umpteenth tear off my cheek, sniffling quietly. Kol is still sleeping peacefully on the bed and I don't want to wake him up. I am wearing his shirt, a cleaned one that I have found in my suitcase. I guess he knew he was going to stay a bit with me... I look down at my phone, the screen showing my father's name in my contacts. I need to call him... Maybe he'll pick up my call? I press on the calling button and wait. Straight to voicemail...

- "Hey, this is Stefan. Leave a message and I'll call you back" I hear his voicemail saying before hearing a beeping sound. I close my eyes, grimacing sadly at the same time while feeling my lips shaking. I hang up and sniffle sadly. Just the sound of his voice wrecks me... I bring my legs to my chest and go in my vocal mail. I think I still have Dad's last vocal message... "Hey Lilou, it's Daddy. Just want to make sure you're fine at the Boarding House with your uncle. Don't stay by yourself, Sweetie, it won't do any good. You're strong and it's just a bad moment. But we will get through this because you're not alone, Honey. Kol and I do what we have to do rapidly and we'll come back right after. You won't even remark we were gone. Okay? I'm so sorry for tonight, baby. I love you so much. Don't forget that. I love you, Lilou." I listen to my father's last voicemail that he sent me. He said "We will get through this..."... Where is he than? Why isn't he here? Why did he leave? I just miss hearing him giving me cute pet names, being with him, having him around... His disappearance is a huge lack in my life... And I don't know how to deal with it. Sobbing not too quietly, I sniffle sadly while looking back outside. I can feel my whole self shaking...