77. Don't stay out late at night...

Gillian's P.O.V.

I open my eyes, hearing the birds singing outside and seeing the sun coming inside my bedroom. I roll over and remark that my window is slightly open with the curtain pulled over, blocking the sun from coming on my head. I smile and roll back over to hug Kol... Right... I sit upright and pass my hand over my hair when I see Kol's shirt on the floor. I grab it and put it on before picking up my short. I walk out of my bedroom as I do a messy bun before running down the stairs. I pass next to the living room and remark that nobody is there. I frown confused when I hear noises coming from the kitchen. I step up toward it when I see Kol looking for something, obviously lost. I smile while I lean against the door frame, my arms crossed over my chest as I look at the boy, looking in every closets and drawers.

- Are you looking for something? I ask him which caused Kol to turn around rapidly, surprised and startled. I laugh to his reaction as I walk up to him.

- Gee, you scared me, complains, the Original vampire while laughing back. I pass my arms around his neck and he passes his arms around my waist as our lips collide together. We smile through the kiss while our lips move in synch with a hard and passionate pressure. Kol pulls away but pecks my lips twice while we keep our arms around each other. I wanted to make us a cup of coffee but I can't find it anywhere. I finished the last paquet yesterday, tells and smiles, Kol which caused me to smile back. I turn my head and open the closet next to me before pointing at the new coffee. Oh... The two of us laugh again before pulling away from each other. Kol grabs the coffee as I sit on the counter. Did I ever told you that my shirts look good on you? He asks me with a smirk.

- I think you have, not sure though, I reply with a playful tone before laughing. Kol laughs back.

- I heard your father leaving this morning, informs me, Kol as I watch him making the coffee. I lose my smile, just like him.

- Again? I ask with a sad tone before sighing sadly.

- Don't worry, he will be alright. He just needs time, tells and reassures me, Kol as I look at him pouring the coffee into cups.

- How much time? I ask as I look down. Kol sighs and picks up the cups before handing me one. Thank you, I thank him, taking the cup and drinking it. I look at him with sad eyes when Kol puts his free hand on my cheek. He caresses it gently, making me faintly smile.

- I thought you were going to the memorial at school, he gently says.

- I can't go there before being sure dad is fine. I mean, I know I should have go there but... I stop talking before looking away, sighing sadly and exhausted.

- You feel like you need to protect and be there for your father, states, Kol as he puts both our cups down.

- Am I crazy? Am I worrying for nothing? Am I doing too much for him? I question to my boyfriend with a confused and concerned tone as I frown sadly.

- I think you already went through so much, so does he have gone through so much pain, sadness and darkness and you're just trying to prevent that from him again, I look down for a moment, thinking while nodding slowly positively. There's nothing wrong in wanting your father to be happy, to be fine.

- I'm going to go get ready, we never know if I find him at the Grill again, I say, pecking the Originals lips before looking at his eyes. Wanna come? I ask him with a faint smile.

- No, I need to do something, answers, Kol as he faintly smile. I frown lightly confused but nod understandingly anyway. Kol cups my head between his hands and gives a hard pressure on my lips again before pulling away. We embrace each other for a moment before taking separated ways for the day.