3. Madness

The next morning, I wake up before my dad does. I quietly take my clothes out of my wardrobe and go to my bathroom to take a shower. I put on some music while preparing myself and then go drink a bag of animal blood. Yeah, weird but that's what we drink... We don't always have time to go hunt. I sit on the kitchen counter while scrolling threw Instagram when I hear my dad coming in the kitchen. I don't look up at him, not paying any attention to him and continue what I am doing.

- You're up early today, says, my dad, while drinking another bag full of animal blood. I hummed positively to answer him, my eyes still staring at my phone. Did you not sleep well, Honey? I shrug my shoulders not wanting to talk to him. Gillian, look at me when I'm talking to you. I look up at my father like he told me. Why are you doing this? I still don't answer my father and just stare at him. Gillian, when I'm asking you a question, I would like you to answer me, tells, dad loudly but not screaming yet. I know it makes him angry when I do this. Uncle Zach must still be sleeping because I haven't seen him yet.

- Because I am mad, alright? I hate that you're letting me for this girl who is the exact doppelganger of my mother. It doesn't even have been a week that we're here and I am already all by myself. It hurts me to see you with her because... I stare at him before sighing. I don't know if it's because I cabnt find the words to explain him my reasons or if it's because I fear them. I get off the counter and throw the empty bag away. You know what? It's cool, sorry for not responding to your questions, I say starting to leave the kitchen.

- Wait, where are you going? Questions my father but I don't answer again. Gillian, come back here !

- To school, I want and need to run, see you there, I say, annoyed, before vamp-speeding out of the boarding house with my bag on my shoulders. I stop at a bridge and continue my way, walking slowly.

When I arrived at school, my dad is already there talking with Elena. I see Bonnie walking away from them. She seems uncomfortable around my dad. I wonder why though? We never did anything to her. She doesn't even know us. I sigh and walk to my locker to take my book. I open it and grab my history book and close it. I turn around but, suddenly, jump scare when I bumped into my father who is looking down at me. I try to walk away but he stops me by grabbing my forearm. I look up at him, not capable to read his expression. Anger? sadness? Confused?

- Lilou, stop avoiding me, please? I know, I disappointed you but I'm... he looks around us, at all the students, before looking back at me. I nod understanding. I'm sorry if it seems I am not here for you.

- I know you are, but I wish that our lives could be like before, like when you didn't meet Elena, I whispered to him, sounding sad. And it doesn't seem, you aren't here for me.

- Lilou, I need to know about her, I sigh and shook my head. It's important for me.

- Maybe YOU need to know her, but I don't. I don't get why you absolutely need to know about her. However, I do know that I miss my father and that I wish he could come back when we are at home, I say, whispering and looking at him with glassy eyes. I take my wrist off of his hand and walk to my first period. Everyone sits at their place like usual.

- Originally discovered nearly 5 centuries ago, it hasn't been over Mystic Falls in over 145 years. Now, the comet will be its brightest right after dusk during tomorrow's celebration. I listen to Mr. Tanner's lesson when he, abruptly stops in his talking and looks at my dad and Elena. Are we bothering you, Mr. Salvatore? Ms. Gilbert? A slight silence takes place in the room, which kind of feels awkward. The bell rings, saving them from an embarrassing moment. I stand up and run out of the class before anyone else.