28. Back stabbing

Mason's P.O.V.

Emerald Coast One Year Ago

I'm at a bar in the Emerald Coast in Florida, drinking and having a good time alone. I wanted to relax a bit. I finish my third beer, sitting right in front of the barman.

- All right, Carlos. That's it for me, I say smiling to the man and paying him.

I stand up and exit the bar to go to my car. God, tonight is warm. I roll up my sleeves as I arrive to my car.

- Mason! says loudly and drunkly a friend of mine, Jimmy, while pushing me.

- Wow, hey Jimmy. Easy. Let's get you home, I tell him smiling by his state.

- Screw you! he tells me pushing me again. I know about you and Marla.

- What are you talking about? I ask frowning confused. You've had too much to dri... I couldn't even finish what I was telling him that the man strangles me. I push him back, making him releases his grip on my throat. Dude! What's up?! It's me, Mason! I'm not messing with Marla. You know that! I say loudly and getting angry. People around us are starting to look at the scene. Suddenly, Jimmy punches me in the nose. I regain my balance on a car and walk up to him, grabbing him by his collar. You don't want to do this buddy.

- I'll kill you! screams Jimmy while grabbing me by my collar as well and throwing me to the ground.

I try to get up but he kicks me in the stomach. I groan and scream of pain as he kicks me a second time. Jimmy turns me so I lay down on my back and punches me two times again. I catch his arm and push him, making the man fall on his butt few meters in front of me. He stands back up and I run to him, carrying the curly blonde hair guy in the air before throwing him to the ground, me on top of him.

- Jimmy? I ask as I see his eyes lifeless. A puddle of blood in getting bigger and bigger each seconds next to his head. I grab his face and shake it lightly. Jimmy? A guy next to me stares at Jimmy. I stand up, feeling my heartbeats pomping faster and faster in my chest.

End of the flashback

Tyler's P.O.V.

- Wait, the guy died? You killed him? I ask my uncle who just explained me how his curse got on. That's crazy and kinda scary.

- He kept coming at me. He got in his head that I was sleeping with his girlfriend.

- Were you?

- No. No, frowns Mason. I wouldn't do that, he was my friend. He was drunk and attacked me. It was self-defense.

- And it triggered the curse, he nods to me as he seems to think or remembering of something.

- On every full moon, I lose control. If I don't sedate myself and chain myself down, I'll kill anything in my path, I stare at him, not knowing what to think. You have to be careful. All it takes is an accident, a car wreck. Any death at your hands and you'll have a lifetime of this. You don't want it Tyler, trust me. I nod and look away from my uncle. A silence takes place few seconds before Uncle Mason breaks it. All right. Where's the moonstone? A deal's a deal. I answered your questions.

- Um, yeah, I stand up and walk toward dad's safe in the floor, where I found the moon stone. I'm not sure but I'm guessing it's in here. My dad, he was very kooky about his hiding spots but I figured most of them out over the years. I move the carpet a bit and take a wooden board off. I open my dad's hiding spot. It's all yours. Mason looks inside the safe but the moon stone isn't there. There are just papers and some money. Are you gonna tell me what's so important about this rock or what?