82. Nothing hurts more than a heartbreak

Elena's P.O.V.

- Jeremy! I scream my little brother's name with fear and sadness as I see him laying unconscious on the ground. It's her... She killed him. I can't hear his heart beating like I usually do. I kneel down next to my brother, holding him in my arms while crying. Oh, no. No. No. Oh, god, no. Oh god... I quickly grab his right hand and check for his ring. He is wearing it! Everything is fine then. He is fine. He'll come back to me... It's fine. It's fine. It's fine. You're gonna be okay. The ring will bring you back. It's okay. It's okay. You're gonna be okay. You're gonna be okay, Jeremy. You're gonna be fine, I tell to my baby brother, crying and sniffing sadly as I hold him tightly into my arms.

Damon's P.O.V.

- How'd this happen? I ask to my brother after he came back from the lower chamber. I can't believe this. Jeremy dead... I know I killed him twice and I almost killed him again because of Kol, but I kind of grew to appreciate that punk kid.

- It was Katherine. She must have been following us this whole time, answers, Stefan with a small voice as he seems sad.

- What about the cure, or Silas? And does Gillian know that her mother was here? I question to Stefan, frowning madly as I point somewhere around this cave. Katherine... Of course it was her. That woman is always everywhere and knows everything...

- No, Gillian doesn't know that her mother was here, answers, my baby brother with a bothered tone while he shakes his head. And if there was anything in there at all, it's all gone, he informs me, telling me that Katherine took the cure. If there ever really was a cure... I look away, disbelieving how wrong things are going those passed few days. Can we get any lower?

- Where the hell is Bonnie? I ask with a confused and slight upset tone. We could use her right now...

- I have no idea. She went looking for Jeremy last night. She never came back, responds, Stefan while lightly shrugging. I see him taking a deep breathe in as he stares at me. Damon, Elena is in there waiting for the Gilbert ring to bring Jeremy back to life, he tells me seriously.

- Okay, fine. I'll wait with her, I reply while nodding positively. I start to walk toward the well opening but Stefan puts up a hand to stop me. I lightly frown confused at him. What is he doing?

- Damon, listen to me. Jeremy was one of the Five, a hunter, reminds me, my baby brother with a serious tone. What...? Oh no... I stare at my brother, understanding and realizing what he is telling me.

- He's supernatural. The ring won't work anymore, I state in a whisper, looking down with sadness. It's even worse than I thought. And Elena thinks he will come back... She won't survive this. I'll find Bonnie. You get Elena, Gillian and Kol off this island, I tell to my brother with a serious tone as we stare at each other. Stefan weakly nods understandingly to my words.

Gillian's P.O.V.

I am back at the beach, sitting on the side of the boat, staring at the horizon blankly while Kol is loading everyone's back pack in the boat. I can't believe Jeremy is gone... Dead. I mean, I know he died few times before but he always came back with his magical ring. But this time is different... It has been since the day he discovered he was one of the Five. I don't know if it is surprising or not, but I am hurt. Jeremy and I might have been less close between each other because of his new hunter's life and because he tried to kill Kol, but he is... Was still my first friend at Mystic falls. He helped me and welcomed me one night when Dad and Damon were too concerned about their life and Elena. He was the one who permit me to talk one last time to my ex-fiancé, thanks to his ghost and Jeremy having the ability to see them. He was my date for the 20's decade, the night Uncle ric died. And again, there is death... I feel like wherever I go with dad, there is constant death. I know it is a human thing to die, and sometimes a vampire thing, but it's always painful... I sigh and stare at the ocean waving calmly when I sense someone standing before me and circling my waist with his arms. Kol... I turn my head to look up at him, lightly squinting my eyes because of the sun.