4. Hates, lies, secrets and family

I wake up the next morning by my dad taking gently off my hair from my face. He smiles warmly at me but I cover my face with my pillow while groaning, tired of the night I just had. I didn't sleep well but I guess I'll have to deal with it. Suddenly, dad takes my pillow and hits me with it smoothly. I sit upright while groaning again and look up at him, most of my hair covering my face which makes him laugh. He exits my room and I prepare myself to go to school. Later, the both of us arrive there. I follow dad who, I guess, is trying to find Elena. We exit the parking lot when I feel an arm around my shoulders.

- So last night, starts talking, dad, When you were asleep, Elena came by and we.. kissed.

- Wait, what ? Why ? I mean...

- I like her Gillian, you're going to have to face it and try to know her. I know she reminds you a lot of your mom but she isn't, I stop right in front of him, frowning lightly.

- I don't want to know her, dad, I say lowly so only him can hear me. And I don't want her as my step-mother. She's the doppelganger of my mother, you know this woman that left us. How do you think that makes me feel? He doesn't say anything and just stares at me before sighing. I have to go to my locker, see you around.

I enter the school and walk to my locker to take my book. I cannot believe this is happening. Why her? I go back outside to find Jeremy since he is the only person I know here. I look around for him and remark that he is with Vicki. It might not be a good idea for me to go there. If she remembers something from last night, it could go wrong and bad for me. And I don't want to create a scene, less to see and know that Jeremy will feared me. I go sit on a bench, alone, when two guys come sit on each side of me.

- Hey, why are you alone? asks, Matt, smiling to me. Matt seems really nice.

- Well, because I don't know anyone here, I answer, kind of snapping at him.

- Huh, bad morning? Faintly laughs, the blonde boy.

- Sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you, I apologize while looking down. I quickly at the other guy next to me, a slight frown on my face.

- It's cool. Hey, this is Tyler Lockwood, my best friend, I turn my head to the left and look at the guy who looked at me up and down at the party and who almost raped Vicki. If Matt knew that, he wouldn't call him his "best friend". I sigh quietly.

- I know, we met before, I say, nodding and smiling awkwardly.

- Oh, where? Questions, Matt, looking surprised.

- At the party, answers, Tyler. I look at him and we both exchange an annoyed glance. I lightly nod again when someone calls me.

- Hey Gillian, can you come with me few minutes? says, Jeremy, who just appeared in front of us. He stares at Tyler angrily.

- Sure, see you guys around, I stand up and walk away with Jeremy by my side.

- Sorry, it's just..

- I know, it was because of Tyler, I reply, cutting him mid-sentence. He nods, laughing. Hey, why are you doing this?

- Doing what? He asks, frowning confused.

- Well, by seeing your eyes I can tell what your doing. Are you doing it with Vicki? Why are you doing it anyway? I ask whispering and shaking my head as I try to understand why he is hurting himself by doing drugs.

- I don't need to explain you anything, he says and walks away leaving me alone, again. Great, I missed him off.

The rest of my morning went by. It wasn't the best one and I don't think it's going to be the last one. During my lunch, I sat at a picnic table waiting for my father to come. I waited like ten minutes, befofe seeing him walking, talking and laughing with Elena, exiting the school and going to another table. I guess I'll have to stay by myself, encore. I watched them during my whole lunch. I can't believe they kissed last night. I mean, I know he wanted to know her but I didn't think he was in love with her. Suddenly, I hear Matt and Tyler talking about my dad. I listen closely to there conversation. That is one of the cool part of being a vampire.