59. The Mikealson ball? Where do I begin...

Elena's P.O.V.

- How's Mr. Saltzman? questions, Matt to me as I walk up to him after exiting the hospital room Ric is in.

- Resigned to spending the night in observation, so long as I promise to change the lock on the house, I respond, smiling weakly before the two of us begin to walk toward the exit. So I talked to Bonnie earlier. She and her mom are fine. Have you talked to Caroline? I ask him, remembering that our friend just lost her father. I have my arms crossed over my chest while frowning lightly concern for all my friends.

- Yeah, she's holding it together, considering how close she and her dad used to be, answers, my blonde friend, causing me to nod and let a breath of relief out. Any word on who's behind these attacks?

- No, Sheriff Forbes said there's no real suspects at all, I reply, shaking my head as we exit the hospital. Tonight was pretty eventful and emotional for everyone. I kind of wish to go back to my old life, when I didn't know anything of that supernatural world. I step up alongside to Matt while the two of us enter the front parking lot of the hospital. How are you dealing with everything? I mean, you keep getting dragged into all of this, I ask him gently.

- Honestly... I'm kind of lucky, the only thing that I have to worry about for tomorrow, is showing up for my shift at the Grill, responds, Matt, faintly smiling. I stop walking as I arrive next to my car and face my friend, weakly smiling too.

- Thank you, for everything today. Really, I sincerely say to Matt, nodding.

- Get home safe, replies, my friend before turning around to enter his car.

- Thanks, I thank him before turning to my car. I enter the engine and put my seatbelt on before waving and smiling from inside my car at Matt who already reversed out and drove away. I start my car, ready to go home and have a good sleep. It is much needed right now... I begin reversing when I suddenly bump into something. What? Please, tell me it is not a person... I stop the car and exit it in a rush to go check my bumper and see if there is someone. How's that possible? There's absolutely nothing here. I frown confused as I look around the parking lot, but there's nothing and nobody either. I turn around when, suddenly, someone is standing right behind me. Her...

- Drive much? questions, Rebekah, looking at me with seriousness and madness.

- Rebekah, I call her with a scared voice before she grabs me by my neck and pushes me against my car, holding me down roughly. I gasp, shocked and even more scared.

- Surprised? You drove a dagger through my back, Elena. It hurt, tells and reminds me, the blonde Original vampire before she tries to bite down my neck. I scream scared when Rebekah is pushed away from me and held against my car by Elijah. His hand is around Rebekah's throat. Elijah, she calls her brother with annoyment and upset.

- Leave, he tells her sternly and seriously. I watch Elijah releasing his grip on his sister. Rebekah slowly stands back up before she steps forward towards her brother, staring at him. Are you challenging me? questions, Elijah with a smirk.

- You're pathetic, she answers him before turning her head to look at me. Her eyes are full of annoyment and madness. Both of you, I stare at her when she, suddenly, disappears, letting Elijah with me alone.

- Well... begins to say, the Original vampire in front of me, turning to face me and smiling. I believe we have a little catching up to do, I take a deep breath in as I nod to the vampire.

Gillian's P.O.V.

Uncle Damon, dad and I are in Elena's kitchen with brunette. She called my uncle this morning to tell him that she had a serious and interesting discussion with Elijah last night and of course, the brothers wanted me to come. Let's just say I came here because I didn't want to stay home and I had nothing else to do anyway. Uncle Damon is half sitting on the dining table, playing with an apple while dad is standing next to the kitchen counter, where Elena is. I am sitting on the dining table, next to Damon, playing with my phone.