46. Emotional war

Klaus's P.O.V.

Tennesse. Not the best place I've ever been to but it's okay for the small amount of time we will pass. I've been tracking him for so long and I still haven't find him. I hope those two lovely ladies will help me find the people I need. I hide behind a tree, next to an alley of a house far away from town and watch a blonde woman getting out from the kitchen door.

- Rudy! calls and screams the woman to her dog before whistleling. Rudy. Come on! She walks down the front stairs and goes picking up some pet toys. It's too hot to make me come looking for you. The woman stands back up so I take the opportunity to vamp-speed to her while she still has her back facing me. I appear behind the woman and she turns around, gasping after seeing me.

- I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you, I apologise, smiling to her as I stay at a reasonable distance. She stares at me for a moment.

- Can I help you? questions the blonde woman while frowning confused and taking back her breath.

- Yeah, my car hmm... my car ran out of gas a couple of miles back. Eh, I feel like I've been walking forever yours is the first house I come to so I was just hoping I could use your phone? I explain politely to the woman while keeping smiling to her. With some chances, she might fall in our trap.

- Don't you have a cell phone? she asks, clearly not buying my lie. She might be smarter than I thought.

- Huh, yeah... I pull out my cell phone from my back pocket and show it to her. Battery died. Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer I just wanna use your phone, I insist. She takes a deep breath in as she seems to think for a moment. Come on, I don't have all night. I already lost too many weeks.

- Sure, sighs the woman as she turns around and starts heading back to the back door.

- Soo, I can come in? I ask as I follow her.

- No, she turns back around, facing me again, I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you, she replies nodding and faintly smiling. I stare at her for a moment, my smile fading away as I start getting impatient.

- I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting, I respond, sounding annoyed. She frowns confused.

- I'm from Florida, admits the blonde woman in a sassy way.

- Well, that explains it, I rush to the woman and grab her by her throat hardly. We stare at each others eyes. Now show me a little southern hospitality. Sweet pea, I say as I compel her. She turns around slowly as I keep my hand on her throat and we climb up the stairs to open the kitchen door. I enter the house with the woman, knowing my partner is waiting for his part to act when another woman talks from the kitchen to her friend.

- I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning, jokes the dark hair woman as she serves herself her dish. She turns around to put the fry pan on the counter but immediately remarks my new blondy girl friend and I entering the kitchen. I'm still holding the nape of her neck with one hand as this one is sobbing. What's going on? questions the second woman with a confused frown.

- Please don't be alarmed. I was told Ray Sutton lives here, I state to the woman with the fry pan standing behind the counter.

- He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly, she answers as she looks at her crying friend in my grip.

- But I expect he makes it home, once a month, the woman's expression changes, surprised about my comment. That's what I thought, I say smiling faintly. Where is he now? None of the women answer to my question. If I have to make you tell me it's going to be infinitely more painful for you. I smile to the second woman when this one runs out of the kitchen. I sigh and turn around, still having the blonde woman in my grip when a scream echoes in the house. We enter the hall and discover my new partner standing in the doorway, staring at the woman with hunger. I love it when they run! I exclaim happily to Stefan. The dark hair woman turns around and looks at me with a scared stare.