37. Baby-sitting can be a hard job

Brady's P.O.V.

My friends... my brothers helped me get the dead bodies of the werewolves in a pile next to a bonfire. We lost too much brothers against two damn vampires. I'm so angry. All I see is vengeance. I carry another body before placing him on the pile with the others. I look, turning lightly on my right to look at my girlfriend, who is watching the fire burning our family. Jules looks up while frowning sadly at me. I gesture her to come with me, to go to Stevie who is pacing down in front of the RV.

- Go ahead. Tell her, I tell him, my hands in my pockets as the boy stops pacing for few seconds. Jules stares at the both of us confused.

- Let me just preface this with a big disclaimer that screams, "I should have known better", tells Stevie in a dramatic way while sounding nervous, sad and vengeful.

- What is it, Stevie? Questions my girlfriend, still frowning confused.

- When Brady told me what that Tyler kid said about Mason being here for the moonstone, something clicked, he explains while pacing around and gesturing with his hands. There was this moment back in Florida when I suspected Mason was up to something because he was banging that hot, vampire chick Kathy and he didn't want anyone to know.

- All right. Just get to the point, Stevie, tells Jules annoyed and agitated.

- That is the point, Jules. It's the sun and moon curse, announced our brother while stopping to look at her and laughing humorlessly. Mason was asking me all kinds of questions about it, if it could be broken, and when that evil man-witch showed up last night, double-click. Witches, vampires, moonstone. They're putting everything in place to break the curse.

- We can't let them do that, even if we have to kill every last vampire in this town, I say as I feel more than ready to pay a little visit to those vampires.

Elena's P.O.V.

Bonnie and I are sleeping in Caroline's bed since last night we slumbered all three together. It's been so long since we did something like that. It's a good way to forget everything supernatural that is happening in our lives. We were all sleeping when I hear my phone ringing. The three of us groan.

- Go away! Says Bonnie in a tired way.

- Unf, I was still laying on the bed when Caroline pushes me out of it. I land on the floor and look up annoyed at the blonde before taking my phone and answering.

- Hello? I answer the phone, still tired of the fun night we had.

- Elena! Groans Caroline while looking at me. Bonnie shushes me, looking up at me as well. I drag myself out of the room while continuing my conversation with my boyfriend in the hallway. I'm sitting on the floor, next to the room.

- How was the slumber party? Questions Stefan at the end of the phone.

- Good and much needed, I answer chuckling. When can you and I have one? I ask in a flirty mode.

- Mmm. That can be arranged, answers my boyfriend sounding as flirty as I was and laughing.

- Okay. Now. Today, I smile. Take me far, far away.

- Even with everything that's going on?

- Because of everything that's going on, I rectify.

- And you're sure this has nothing to do with dodging your father who just got into town? Asks Stefan sounding smirky.

- Uh, this has everything to do with that, I answer lightly chuckling.