85. Secrets can be as strong as an emotion

Elena's P.O.V.

I park the car that Rebekah and I stole yesterday after we left Damon's blue one on the road. We're not stupid, of course we knew he would track his vehicle down... Anyway, it has been a day that the blonde Original and I left New York City and without exaggerating, we already did at least three towns, adding several long hours on empty roads. It's boring but we have to find Katherine. I am not letting that b*tch with the cure and I am less letting the annoying-stubborn-puppy-Salvatore-Brothers taking it from her to give it to me. I know they will force me to take it, which is why I have to either, hide it, destroy it or make sure Rebekah swallows it. I am not going back to that weak, selfish, ignorant old self I used to be. This is who I am now, and I won't change that. People will just have to accept it and if they don't... They'll simply die. Anyway, Rebekah and I exit the engine, closing the car doors behind me. I need blood... No, I'm itching for blood. I'm hungry. I don't like to wait...

Why are we stopping? Questions, Rebekah to me, indignantly.

- We've searched three cities in the last 24 hours, I'm sick of Top 40 radio, and I smell like leather, I answer her with an annoyed tone while walking around the car to join her on the sidewalk. I look around for food, ignoring the Original.

- And that's my fault? Questions back, Rebekah with a disbelief tone and a faint scoff. You are the one who stole the list of Katherine's possible whereabouts, did you ever think that Damon had bad information? She asks me, frowning and talking with an upset voice. I keep looking around, ignoring her as I walk passed her to go on the other side of the sidewalk.

- Have I mentioned I can't stand the sound of your voice? I tell her with an annoyed and non-caring tone while sighing.

- Too bad. We're not done. Get in, next town, replies, the Original vampire with a mad tone. I spin around, still ignoring her and looking around. Ah... She looks rather interesting and delicious! I smirk as I watch a woman getting to her car.

- In a minute. I'm hungry, I tell to Rebekah as I begin to walk toward the woman.

- We're not here for a pub crawl, Elena! I want the cure, Katherine has it. We don't stop until we find her, replies and reminds me, the blonde with the same mad tone as I walk passed her. Blah, blah, blah... That is all I hear coming out from her mouth. I sigh annoyed before stopping and turning around to face Rebekah.

- I said in a minute, I repeat. I see Rebekah rolling her eyes frustrated before she crosses her arms over her chest. I turn back around to see the woman putting stuff into the passenger seat of her car. Right... I discreetly vamp-speed over to her, ignoring who could see me, even though I doubt people would notice me. Humans are so blind... I stand behind the woman as she shuts the car door. She turns around but immediately jumps scared by me.

- Oh, my god, you startled me, she tells me with a relieved chuckle.

- Did I? I ask her with a non-innocent voice. I watch her frowning confused before I vamp-out, ready to feed on her. I'm so hungry... I grab her by her shoulders so she won't run away and get my fangs out. I lean in to bite in her neck.

- Katherine, what are you doing? She suddenly asks me with a confused tone which caused me to stop abruptly before I could even taste her blood. Oh... That was unexpected. I pull back from her, surprised as Rebekah joins my sides.

- You know me? I ask her, confused but while trying not to sound too weird.

- Of course. And I know most people around here prefer you to feed from the neck, but I asked you to drink from my wrist, remember? She answers, pulling back her sleeve to reveal her two puncture marks. Oh... Even better.