100. "Ooh death... Won't you spare me over 'til another...?"

Katherine's P.O.V.

Flashback Bulgaria 1490

I am standing at a desk, in my bedroom, watching at my reflection in the water contented in a bowl. It's almost time... I don't know when the baby will come, but I can't wait to meet him or her. I know I never planned to have a baby this young nor to be the disappointment and the shame of my family, but... This is just a little innocent baby. I faintly smile, passing my left hand over my huge stomach. I plunge my hand in the bowl, ready to do my toilet, when a sudden harsh pain takes over me. I groan, bending over. Argh! What's happening? I groan in pain again, holding myself onto the desk. The baby... It's coming!

End of the flashback

Doctor's P.O.V.

- Clear, I order to the other doctors surrounding me. I use the defibrillator on the woman lying on a gurney, trying my very best to bring her back. 100 Joules, I reply in a rush to all my colleagues. No effect... Come on, ma'am! 200 Joules. Charged. Clear, I reorder with a serious tone before using the defibrillator again, hoping this one will be it. The flat line is ringing constantly in my ears. Come on!

Katherine's P.O.V.

I am screaming and screaming over and over again, the pain being the worst I have ever experienced. The baby is coming! Mother is in the room, helping me giving birth to my child. It's warm, I can feel pearls of sweat rolling down my skin. It hurts like Hell...!

- A little more, dearest... A little more, tells me encouragingly, mother, speaking in Bulgarian. I scream again, groaning at the same time while pushing as hard as I can. Push... A little more. A little more, a little more. Push! She says encouragingly. Father is standing at the entrance of the room, watching the scene. He doesn't comment, he doesn't move, but he clearly judges this situation. I can see it in his eyes. My little sister is pacing around nervously, not knowing what to do. I push hard one more time, screaming at the same time when I suddenly hear a small cry. Oh my God... Mother smiles, holding my baby. It's a girl, she informs me happily, always speaking in Bulgarian. A girl...

- A girl? I ask her with a happy and surprised tone. Mother smiles, nodding positively. Please, mother... Let me see her, I demand to my mother with a pleading tone. Still lying down on my bed, I lift up my arms, waiting for her to hand me my baby girl...

End of the flashback

Gillian's P.O.V.

- Darling, come sit a little bit, tells me gently, Kol, approaching me. I am pacing nervously in the huge and white hall of the hospital, waiting for any doctors to come give us information about mom. Heart attack... She had a freaking heart attack! Katherine Pierce!! The survivor or the survivors! How could this happen? How...?

- I can't, I... I whisper to my fiancé, shaking my head negatively as I am having trouble breathing properly. Thick tears are threatening to fall down my eyes at any seconds now. She's going to survive, right? She... I ask him with my voice breaking, looking up at my fiancé. Just as I paused in my talking, I look down as I felt the tears falling. Kol takes one of my hands in his, interlocking our fingers tightly to give me comfort.

- Darling, come sit, he insists as I feel his thumb running over my hand.

- Tell me she'll survive, I immediately tell him, ignoring his words. Kol stares down at me with sad eyes. Please. Tell me... Tell me I didn't come back from the dead to watch my mom having a heart attack right in front of my eyes, had to do CPR on her which didn't do anything and then to hear some stupid doctors informing me that she didn't make it. Tell me! I say with a crying voice, trying as best as I can to keep control of myself. But it's hard... It's so hard when your mind is boiling with questions and worry and when your heart is aching like a fire is burning it down to ashes. When I was talking, my voice was deep with emotions. I could feel it shaking and breaking no matter how hard I tried to keep it steady. Kol looks above me, staying quiet. His hand is still holding mine firmly and comfortingly. Kol, tell me... I whisper on more time, grimacing sadly as thick and warm tears roll down my face.