53. I can't hold it anymore, please someone help me

Elena's P.O.V.

- So, the Lockwoods really have no idea that these tunnels are underneath their property? I ask to the teacher as I follow him behind. Alaric is leading me to the tunnel where Damon and him found the drawings. Well, Mason did before he disappeared. I light up my way with the flashlight, trying not to trip.

- Careful where you shine that thing, tells me, the teacher after seeing me lightening up the ceiling. Bats hate the light.

- Wait, what? I ask nervously, stopping walking. I watch Alaric turning around when I, suddenly, hear someone calling me.

- Elena!I turn around immediately, lightening up the face of the person behind me to see who it was. Boo! I gasp, scared.

- Ah! God, Damon! I say to the vampire, pushing him playfully while frowning not amused.

- Scaredy-cat! smirks, Damon, proud of himself.

- Just ignore him. That's what I do, tells me, Alaric. I see damon looking up at Alaric. I turn around and remark the teacher smiling playfully to Damon before walking away.

- So, you really can't get in? I question to Stefan's older brother after sighing.

- No, answers, the vampire with raven hair, shaking his head. Seems even the ancient Lockwoods were anti-vampire, Damon walks passed me, to join Alaric's sides.

- What do you mean, ancient? I ask him, turning around to look at the two men.

- See for yourself, replies, Damon as Alaric and I are following him behind. We walk a bit more further inside the tunnel with our flashlight until arriving to the cave. Well, this is as far as I get to go, I watch Damon sitting on a rock as Alaric enters the cave. I follow his steps and enter the cave before lightening up the walls which are full of drawings. This is incredible! It does look ancient but... what does that mean?

- What is all this? I ask to the teacher, not turning to look at him. I continue looking at all the drawings one by one.

- Well, as far as I can tell, it's a story. In simple, archaeological terms, it's a really, really old story, answers, Alaric before pointing at a drawing with his flashlight. I look at it, frowning confused. That right there, is the moon cycle, then, Alaric points at another drawing. A man, a wolf.

- A werewolf, I state surprised as I stare at the drawing.

- Yeah, it's the "Lockwood Diaries: Pictionary-Style.", replies, Damon, a mixture of joke and annoyment in his voice.

- I don't understand, I lower my flashlight and turn around to look at the teacher, frowning confused at him. I thought the Lockwoods came here with the Original Founders in the 1860s.

- I don't know. Maybe the Lockwoods did, but according to this wall, says, Alaric, looking at the walls again with his light, these werewolves have been here a lot longer than that.

- How long? I question, kind of scared of his answer.

- Long. It gets better. Show her, Ric, responds, Damon. Alaric walks towards a wall, passing next to me. I turn around to look at where he is walking and what he is going to show me.

- Names, tells, the teacher, his flashlight lightening the wall with... letters or things that looks like it. They're not native. They're written in Runic, a Viking script.