32. Truth turns you down without you feeling it

Katherine's P.O.V.

Flashback Bulgaria 1490

- A little more dearest, a little more, tells my mom as she is helping me delivering. I went into labor few hours ago and it hurts! It hurts like hell! Push.... a little more. A little more, father is looking at me from the entrance of the room, his arms crossed and his stare burning me with hatred. A little more. Push! I keep screaming and screaming, the pain getting worse and worse each minutes. After few hours, the baby is finally here, in mother's arms. It's a girl, smiles mother.

- A girl. Please mother, let me see her, I tell breathless to mother while extending my arms toward the baby. She was about to hand me the baby when father stops her.

- Woman, don't! What are you doing? asks father angrily. Mother walks over father to hand him the baby.

- Let me at least hold her once... just once, I plead father, tears in my eyes and tired.

- Forget it! he answers frowning. You have disgraced this family, Father exits the room with my baby. No!

- Father, please! No, father, no! I scream at him as I watch him walking away with my baby girl.

- No Katerina, it's better for her! It's better for her! keeps repeating mother as she keeps me down. I cry in her arms, too tired to fight.

- No mother, please... I plead mother while sobbing.

- Let her go... let her go Katerina.

- Please, mama...

End of the flashback

Gillian's P.O.V.

I woke up by my alarm ringing, the song ''John the Revelator'' by Curtis Stiger and the Forest Rangers playing. I turn it off and lay down on my mattress as I see the sunlight entering my room. I close my eyes again when suddenly, I sense someone behind me. I keep my eyes close before vamp-speeding to the person and pushes him against the wall. I can't believe it!

- Dad, what are you doing here? I ask him as I release my grip on his shirt.

- Morning to you too baby, smiles my father. I roll my eyes and walk back to my bed, throwing myself on it. I brought you your breakfast. I don't answer and keep my face in the mattress. I hear my father sighing before puting the glass down and laying next to me. Gillian, we have to talk?

- Is Rose still here?

- Yes but don't change the subject Gillian, a pause of few seconds gets between us.

- 'bout what? I ask him, my face still in the mattress.

- You drinking human blood.

- There's nothing to talk about.

- Yes, there is Gillian. You've been acting strangely lately, I let a long breath out, to control myself. I miss my daughter.

- Your daughter is still here, I say while pulling my face off of the mattress to look at him. She's just tougher, stronger and faster.

- Maybe but she's also meaner and careless, I sigh and stand up to walk over my wardrobe. I open it and take some of my clothes.

- I'm perfectly fine dad, I don't need you to supervise me H24 because I drink human blood.

- Gillian, dad stands up as well and walks over to me, frowning. Yes, I do have to supervise you, I was about to protest but he stops me, you drinking human blood is terrifying me because I don't know what can happen to you. What if you kill somebody? What if you take an innocent life away just because you couldn't control yourself? What if something happens to you? At this right moment, I think of the woman I killed at the masquerade ball. Deep down inside me, I know she won't be the last one. I don't want this, but I can't help it. I know what it's like Lilou, dad frowns sadly now, and I don't want you to do the same mistakes because I know it will destroy you. I stare at him before sighing, closing my wardrobe and walking over the cup of blood. My back is facing my father. I take it and drink it quickly. Animal Blood. I roll my eyes and turn around to walk back over to my dad. I hand him the empty glass and grab my close.