80. Hiking on the mystery island

Shane's P.O.V.

Flashback to one year ago

I don't know how long I have been running in those woods, on that island, but I know I am near to find it. I just need to lose track from that guy, that tribal man or whatever he is, running after me. He has been pursuing me for several minutes now and I don't even know where I am going. I just keep running and running, taking the first direction I think is right. I stop near a tree and look behind me while catching my breath for a second before eventually starting to run off again. That tribal man isn't behind me anymore, but he must not be far... I arrive to a large pile of rocks, climbing on it to look at what is behind it. Wow... Could it be it? I smile as I spot a cave entrance. What else could it be? Excited, I run toward the entrance before the man could appear. I reach the entrance, but before stepping inside it, I stop and turn around making sure nobody is watching or following me. Nobody is nowhere to be seen... It's all clear for now. I enter the dark cave where only a faint ray of sunlight is coming from outside. It is all that is lightening the place. I switch on a flashlight to have a better look around. Those walls... They are covered of strange writings... Who could have wrote it? Silas? Qetsiyah? The Five? I run my hand delicately over it, lightly touching the writing before turning around, looking a bit more at my surroundings. What is that? A large hole can be noticed in the middle of the ground. I walk carefully over to it before kneeling before it. It looks dark and very, very, profound. I can't even see the end of the hole even with the flashlight. I'm guessing this is the only way to him...

End of the flashback

Gillian's P.O.V.

I slowly wake up, feeling a hand delicately and softly caressing my cheek and my hair. The fingers trace the figure of my face with a gentle movement as I feel eyes burning me. My head is resting against something hard as an arm is around I, holding me tightly. I have my left hand resting onto the man's chest as I keep my eyes closed. I feel Kol slowly and gently placing a kiss on my forehead before he places his head on top of mine. His finger is still delicately caressing my face like he is memorizing it at the slightest details. I slowly begin to smile while lightly stretching. Kol lifts lightly his head to look down at me. I open my eyes and look up at him, smiling brightly to the man. My boyfriend smiles back at me before he leans in and kisses my lips with passion. I respond to his kiss with a hard pressure, smiling against his lips as I put my hand on his cheek to caress it. We pull away from the kiss but keep our foreheads sticked to one another. The two of us stay silent, enjoying this moment after yesterday's event.

- Morning, Beautiful, whispers, Kol with a loving tone as he pushes his forehead off from mine to look into my green eyes. The two of us are laying in his bed, facing each other.

- Morning, Handsome, I reply with the same tone which caused him to smile brightly. I love that smile so much...

- I love you, Darling. I love you so much, he whispers as he is still caressing my cheek. I smile and feel my cheeks lightly burning up. I don't reply anything but get on my elbow and press my lips against his as an answer. Kol envelopes his arms around me, holding me and placing me on top of him. I chuckle before pulling away from his lips. Our two bodies are still naked from last night's love that we shared. I play with his morning punky-hair when I remember that I almost lost him yesterday. I lightly frown sadly which caused Kol to frown as well, confused. I lightly shrug and shake my head left to right as I place some of his hair correctly.

- I was just thinking that I could have lost you yesterday... I tell him as I keep a sigh inside me. I hate it so much. Just the thought of you gone... I pause myself in my sentence before resting my head on his chest, where his heart is. Kol strokes my hair smoothly as I listen each of his heartbeats.