7. Flashbacks

Stefan's P.O.V.

When I opened the door, Elena was standing in right front of me. It reminded me the first time I met Katherine back in 1864...

Flashback in 1864

I was waiting on the doorstep of the old Salvatore estate. A black carriage arrived in front of me and two women got out of it. The handmaid, named Emily, was the first one to exit the carriage. She was followed by a beautiful young woman named Katherine. My breath got cut in my throat when I saw her. She had sparkling eyes, a warm smile, the perfect olive skin... Katherine observed me for a moment before I approached her after Emily finished smoothing out Katherine's dress.

- You must be Miss Pierce, I tell her, smiling kindly and acting like the gentleman I am.

- Please, call me Katherine, she answers me with her gorgeous smile.

End of the flashback

I keep staring at Elena until I hear her talking to Gillian and I.

- What are you? What are you?! she questions screaming.

- You know, is all I tell her.

- No, I don't.

- Yes, you do, or you wouldn't be here, I repeat a bit firm but gently at the same time.

- It's not possible. It can't be, tells, the brunette, shaking her head.

- Everything you know... And every belief that you have is about to change. Are you ready for that? I could feel Gillian's gaze burning my back with worry.

- What are you? repeat, Elena.

- Dad? Calls me, Gillian, her voice sounding like a warning.

- Da- What? asks, Elena, confused, surprised and shocked. I keep my stare on Katherine's doppelganger for a moment.

- We're vampires, I answer her. She looks at my daughter and I like we are crazy.

- I shouldn't have come.

- No. Please, she begins to run away but I vamp-speed to appear right in front of her. Elena looks so frightened, so shocked and so confused. No. No. How did you do that?

- Please, don't be afraid of me, I plead her with a sad look.

- Elena, remember what I told you at the Founder's party, suddenly, tells, my daughter. I look up at Gillian, frowning confused. What did she tell her? It was and still is all true, nothing changed even after this revelation. I see Elena shaking her head.

- Let me go, she says ignoring my daughter's comment.

- No. Elena, there's things that you have to know and understand.

- Let me go! She repeats and screams again. I beg her but the brunettr enters her car and drives away. I turn around to look at my daughter and watch her walking slowly to me before hugging me.

- What did you tell her at the Founder's party? I whisper, curious.

- I simply told her that you really love her and that you just want her happy, I smile lightly and thank her before kissing the top of her head. Although, I don't think it will be enough for Elena to pardon me...

- Gillian, I need to go to Elena's. I won't be long, please stay in the house, safe, she nods and I kiss her forehead again before vamp-speeding to my girlfriend's, or now ex-girlfriend's, house.