68. The rebirth of my misunderstanding

Gillian's P.O.V.

When I woke up this morning, dad wasn't here anymore. I sit up and look around my father's bedroom. He is not at his desk either... Maybe he is downstairs? My father was so scared to lose me after I drowned that he didn't left my sides until then. I guess it's his paternal heart talking... I get up from the bed and walk to my bedroom before puting on my sport clothes. I need to run a bit... I do a ponytail after puting on my shoes and run downstairs. I can't hear any voices...

- Daddy? I call my father as I enter the living-room. However, he isn't there. Uncle Damon? I stand still, not moving as I listen closely to a noise, but nothing. Maybe they went to get something?

I exit the boarding house before running towards the woods to do my parcours as usual. The fresh breeze feels so good on my skin. It's like it is refreshing my brain, taking all my thoughts away. I jump above a dead trunk before continuing my jogging... well, I'm more sprinting, but still. I can't stop thinking about Elena being a vampire now. She already couldn't stand me as a human, what will it be now? I wonder how she will deal with this? Will she still try to push me away from dad? Will it be worst? What if she is like mom? I stop running, breathless as I feel a ball on my chest. I breath rapidly while looking around the woods. What if Elena becomes as manipulative as my mother? Previously, she was a bit like this back as a human. What if dad falls into Elena's trap? What if she manages to make him hate me? I frown sadly and upset as the ball becomes bigger in my chest. I shake my head and let a long and deep breath out before rushing again. I vamp-speed around the woods as I need to let it go.

A good half an hour later, I arrive back to the boarding house, breathless. I have ran for over an hour and half and it feels good. Maybe Dad and Uncle Damon are back by now? I approach my house, looking down, still a bit upset and sadly as I walk up the steps of the front porch. I sigh and pass my hands over my face when I bump into someone's chest. I gasp and back off to discover Damon, lightly smirking as he frowns preoccupied.

- You should watch where you're walking, miss. We never know who you are bumping into, jokes, my uncle which caused me to crack a smile and lightly shake my head.

- I'm sorry, Uncle Damon. I was... I say and gesture to him but sigh heavily before looking away, I was just lost in my thoughts.

- I saw that. What were you thinking about? He asks me, frowning confused while still smirking. I look back up at him, frowning sadly and bitting my lower lip as I hesitate. Suddenly, I embrace him rapidly and hold him tightly. I need it... Wow, hey, tells, Damon while lightly chuckling, What's wrong, kiddo? He asks me gently while embracing me back and running his hand on my back. I pull away after a moment as I breath deeply.

- I just needed to hug you, I reply while weakly nodding and faintly smiling. Damon loses his smirk as he stares at me with concern. He senses my emotions... I look away, feeling awkward. Anyway, dad must be in his room. I'm gonna go see him, I tell to Uncle Damon while walking passed him to enter the boarding house.

- Your father isn't here, tells me, Damon, turning around to look at me. I turn back around, looking confused at my uncle.

- What do you mean? Where's dad? I ask kind of worried and still confused while lightly shaking my head.

- He's at the Gilbert's. I was about to go there when you bumped into me. Want to come with? he proposes to me. I look down, frowning sadly and nervously. Dad is with Elena... Boo?

- Hum... no. I have to take a shower anyway so...

- Okay, go take it. I'll wait for you, he tells me, sounding like he isn't letting me a choice. However, I open my mouth to talk back but Damon cuts me. Nope, go upstairs take quickly a shower. I'll wait for you. Go, he tells me, pushing me gently in our house. I didn't have time to reply that Damon is already in the living-room. I sigh and rush upstairs to go take my shower. Fifteen minutes later, I run back downstairs, all dressed up and with my hair washed up. Damon is sitting in the living-room, drinking some Bourbon as he is staring at the fire. I walk up to him and faintly smile to my uncle who looks at me. Damon gets up and walks up to me. I admit, you smell way better little niece, I roll my eyes and smile amused before shaking my head.