36. The love of a father

Caroline's P.O.V.

I leave my house, locking my door before walking to my car. What is he doing here? When I turned around to walk to my car, I see Tyler, staring at me with some madness. I remember the kiss we had last night. I might have reacted badly compare to what he was hoping, but I can't. I need a break.

- Hey, I tell him as I slowly replace my bag on my shoulder. How's it going? I ask smiling while stepping toward him.

- We need to talk, tells me Tyler serious and keeping a straight face.

- Yeah, we do. Listen... I say stopping and standing in front of him. I've been thinking about it, and I don't want to over analyze. It was just one kiss, I chuckle nervously but quickly stop before shaking my head, but Matt's still kind of in the picture. We can't go there, Tyler.

- Fine, nods Tyler, his facial expression not changing at all. I frown confused but quickly stop and smile awkwardly.

- Great. That's settled, I walk passed Tyler and press on the button of my car key to unlock the engine.

- What happened to my uncle Mason? I stop abruptly before turning around, frowning confused. Why is he asking me about Mason?

- What?

- He's dead, and I want you to tell me what happened, tells me Tyler as he steps towards me and stops in front of me. He frowns seriously and madly.

- I... Tyler, I don't... I reply shaking my head but the werewolf cuts me mid-sentence.

- Then let me tell you: I cross my arms over my chest, Stefan and his brother Damon killed him, because Stefan and Damon are vampires, just like you. And just like Gillian.

- Who told you that? I ask shaking my head.

- Is it true? frowns madly, Tyler.

- Let me explain.

- Did you know he was dead this whole time?

- Please... I plead while seeing his eyes getting angrier.

- Did you know?! repeats Tyler angry and stepping even more closer than he already was. I nod while puting my lips in a thin line. Suddenly, Tyler grabs my shoulders and pushes me angrily against my car.

- I'm sorry, Tyler. I'm sorry, I apologise to the boy, scared.

- I trusted you! he screams angrily at me as his eyes turns yellow. I panick for a moment, scared of what the werewolf inside him can do to me when he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. Tyler releases his grips on my shoulders and walks away, leaving me stunned and upset.

Damon's P.O.V.

I'm in my bathroom, taking a shower while listening to the news on TV. I can't stop thinking of Rose and of the woman I killed last night. I miss Rose so much... The hot water is running down my body, calming me down when I hear the reporter talking on TV.

- The authorities believe last night's assailant may also be related to the missing campers and park ranger who have yet to be found, as well as 25-year-old Jessica Koenig, I look toward the TV frowning confused. I take a towel and envelope it around my hip. I enter my bedroom and watch the news. A photo of the woman I killed last night is on Tv, reported missing this morning. The sheriff's department says investigations are pending and no further comment will be made. In related news Mayor Lockwood spoke earlier today...

Elena's P.O.V.

I can't believe Uncle John... or should I say my biological father is here. I wasn't happy that Stefan called Isobel but I am less happier to see it is him who came. I was about to enter the kitchen when I heard the news on the TV.