60. Bewitched by the Original Witch

Stefan's P.O.V.

I am in my bedroom, sitting at my desk, in front of my journal. I am holding my pen, thinking of what I could write. There's so much I could write with everything that is happening lately... But yet, nothing is coming right now. It's like the words just won't come out. I guess it has to do with the fact that I cannot feel... That I cannot care... I heard what Gillian told me last night. I heard her and I really wish I could do what she asked me. But I don't feel nor find the strength to do it. I don't know why she is so sure I can do this. To her eyes and to the sound of her voice, it sounded like I could do anything, like a superhero. She sounded so confident, so sure of herself, so encouraging, so hopeful... But all heroes can't do everything. I sigh as I rest my back in my chair when I hear my phone buzzing. I look at the screen and discover Elena's name popping up. I weakly shake my head and cancel the call after a moment. I can't deal with this right now. I sigh again and let my pen drop in the middle of my journal before standing up. I walk out of my bedroom and lead myself to my daughter's bedroom. When we got back last night, I had to carry her. She was so tired that she actually fell asleep in my arms. I arrived to her bedroom door and I lightly knock on it. Nobody answers. I quietly and slowly open her door to discover my daughter still asleep in her bed. I guess she needs it. I open the door fully before leaning against the door frame, my arms crossed over my chest. I don't know how she can keep such hope with all of this going on. I don't know how she can keep her strength like that. Even when she breaks down... It's like she comes back stronger each times. I know she doesn't feel, I know she doesn't care and still, she puts others before her. I guess Emily was right... So was Klaus... My daughter's heart is pure even when it is darkened by her lack of emotions. I sigh for the third time this morning before uncrossing my arms and stepping slowly inside her bedroom. I lead myself to her bed and sit next to my daughter. I smile to her sweet sleepy face, loving how peaceful she looks. I slowly, gently and delicately take a lock of her hair off of her face before placing on a kiss on her forehead. Gillian groans, waking up slowly. She opens her tired sleepy eyes while stretching before closing them again. I chuckle as I see her lifting one arm for me to hug her. I lean in and embrace my daughter, hiding my face in her neck.

- Hi, baby, I whisper before kissing her cheek and going back in her neck.

Damon's P.O.V.

I am laying on my bed, my eyes closed and still half asleep. I had a wild and rough night last night. I guess the Original blondy vampire and I just needed it. We kind of were... Similar last night. We both were emotionally in pain and couldn't have what we wanted. I groan when I hear my phone buzzing on my night table. I roll over and pick up the call, after seeing Elena's name on the screen. Again...

- What? I ask with a sleepy voice mixed up with annoyment. She called me at least ten times last night and each of those times, I didn't answer. I had my reasons...

- Hey, I... I called you ten times last night. We need to talk, answers, the brunette, sounding a bit awkward, a bit ashamed and also tired and serious.

- Sorry, I've been busy, I apologize while smirking and lightly looking behind me. I prefer not telling her about last night. She wouldn't understand anyway.

- If you're mad at me, Damon, you need to get over it, tells me, Elena, speaking with annoyment. She lightly sighed at the end of her sentence.

- Oh, I'm over it, I answer before hanging up. I lay back down on my bed and look at Rebekah still asleep and laying naked next to me. I can't tell if it was a mistake... Maybe it was one. But I can't go back in time anyway.

Almost an hour later, Rebekah and I are walking down the stairs, towards the entrance of the boarding house. She is wearing her green dress from the ball last night, her blonde hair are down and a bit messy. I am topless, walking next to the blonde.