103. Time is precious

Gillian's P.O.V.

- What do you think of this one? I ask to my mother and to Nadia as I show them another wedding dress.

The three of us have been at the wedding dress store for a little more than an hour now and I have already tried few dresses. I'm so glad that they could have come to watch me try them on and to help me choose my perfect dress for my perfect day. This moment really means a lot to me. Sharing this memories with them is something I thought would never happen... And what makes me even happier is that Liz accepted to come to help me choose my dress as well. She's not here yet because she had to go to her work place first to hand over paperwork but she's on her way now. Since she knows about mom possessing Elena, I thought I could have her coming. Liz is one of three woman/mother figure that is so important to me. Mom, Aunt Lexi, and Liz... I know I probably should have asked Care to come as well, but it would have created too much drama... And she doesn't know about mom...

- I think it looks pretty but there's something with the shoulders that makes it weird, answers, Nadia, as she  examines the dress from her seat. Oh...!

- Mom? I call my mother while looking at her.

- Your sister's right. There's something off with the shoulders, she agrees while nodding positively. Well, I guess it isn't my perfect dress then.

- Alright, I'm gonna go try a new one, I tell them with a smile when we suddenly hear the store's door getting open. I know nobody we know should step in but we're never too careful... Imagine if someone sees us, "Elena" and I together... How would we explain that without admitting them that this is not Elena but the only Katherine Pierce? Oh! As I see a familiar face looking around, I instantly smile with happiness. She made it! Liz! I call her, not too loudly. The sheriff notices me and smiles while approaching us.

- I am so sorry for being late, Gillian. I had to get some papers to work and one of my colleague just kept talking and talking and I ran late, she apologized to me, looking a bit embarrassed.

- Don't worry at all, Liz. It's okay. You made it here. I'm very happy, I reply sincerely before smiling widely and spinning on myself to show her the dress. So?

- Look at you! You look splendid! She compliments me with sincerity while looking at the dress up and down, back and front. However, her eyes suddenly stop on my shoulders. But there's something off with the shoulders, no? She tells me while trying to adjust the shoulders. I guess there's really something wrong with the shoulders on this one...

- Ah, see? Says, mom. The two of us turn to look at her. Oh right...

- Liz, this is my mom. Huh... You know, I introduce her to my mother, feeling a little bit awkward. I mean... They never actually properly met...

- Yes, it's kind of weird to look at you after what you've done to my own daughter and her friends and it's even weirder to know that you're in Elena's body but... I guess I'm happy Gillian gets to have you for her special event, responds, the sheriff, with a not very pleasant voice at first but it softens afterwards. To be honest, I am alright with this. I wasn't expecting Liz to take mom in her arms anyway. I smile as I watch them shaking hands together.

- I wouldn't miss it for anything in the world, replies, mom, sounding serious and happy for me. Her eyes turn to look at me as she smiles with pride. My smile grows wider as I feel the overjoy consuming me.

- And you must be Nadia, the big sister, says, Liz, while holding her hand to my sister.

- Yes, hi, nice to meet you, Sheriff, Replies, my sister, while shaking hands with the sheriff Forbes as well. It's going so well so far!