9. A birthday and a lost

Stefan's P.O.V.

I woke up in the living room, jumping because the book that I was reading fell off my lap to the floor. I grab it back and close it when I hear a noise in the house. I look around, my eyes examining everywhere in the room, trying to see if it is Gillian or Damon but nobody is here. I'm certain I heard something. I walk to the main hall and see that the lamps are still on but the light is at a low level.

- Gillian? Damon? I ask not to loudly to not wake up my little girl if she's sleeping. Nobody answers but I know I heard something. It restarts. I turn around and feel wind passing beside me. Somebody is defenitely here. I frown confused while staying on my guard. Another noise is heard which makes me turn around again but I'm thrown to the floor. I'm turned around quickly and I discover my attacker. Lexi!? I ask surprise but happy.

- Hi, she responds smiling and getting up. I stand up.

- What are you doing here?

- How could you even ask that? She questions while hugging me which I return gladly.

- I missed you, I tell her sincerely.

- Happy Birthday, she winks at me before we walk to my bedroom. The both of us sit on my bed and we catch up all those years. We talked so much that the sun is already coming up in the sky.

- Stop. I don't know, some freak shot at me and my daughter with wooden bullets. I bail in under sixty. 

- And why is a news reporter hunting vampires? She asks me after I told her the story that happened with Vicki in the woods.

- I don't know who knows about us. That guy did. There could be others. Do me a favor, while you're here, please be careful.

- Why stay? I'm headed to New York for the weekend. Bon Jovi in the Garden. "Wanted dead or alive", it's our theme song. It'll be a blast, she says standing up and laughing at the memory.

- Do you think he would actually remember us? That was a pretty crazy weekend, huh? I tell her smiling as well and remembering that crazy night. That was the good time...

- We can make him remember us. Come on! Let's go. I mean, what's keeping you here?

- I told you, her name is Elena. And even if Elena wasn't here, I'm not letting my daughter here by herself. It's too dangerous. She almost died weeks ago and I would never pardon myself if something happens to her.

- Let's hope she's better than the last girl you got all sprung over, she says holding up the photo of Katherine.

- You didn't even know Katherine, I answer chuckling and taking the picture away. And that last girl I got all sprung over gave me what I live for everyday, I say mentioning Gillian.

- 'Cause if I did I'd kick her ass. Little bitch. Speaking of... where's Damon and mini you?

- Damon is inflicting misery somewhere and Lilou is coming, I can hear her, I say laughing.

Gillian's P.O.V.

I woke up with the light of the sun entering my bedroom. I look at the time and remark it's pretty early. My dad might not be up yet which is very good. Today is his birthday and like every years, I come slowly to his bedroom and jump on his bed to wake him up. I know, I know, childish but that's what I like to do. I stand up and go to the bathroom to take my shower and put on some clothes before applying my make up and put my hair in a messy bun. I'm lazy today. I swear while taking my shower I heard a female voice. Is Elena here? Finally ready, I walk slowly to my dad's door and open it before seeing him standing in his room.