15. Love hurts more than anything

Elena's P.O.V.

I groggily awakens in an unfamiliar room. Where am I? I see Ben sitting in a chair by the end of the bed, sleeping. I gasp and sit up frantically. I need to get out of here before he wakes up. I look around for a way out and stare at the front door behind him. Maybe if I go slowly and quietly there, he won't wake up. I quietly slide off the bed and slowly step over Ben's outstretched leg. I slowly back up to the door, keeping an eye on the sleepy man. He doesn't move or give a sign that he is awake. I'm not sure it is a good sign. I unlock the deadbolt on the door, sliding it to the right and looking back at Ben occasionally. I take a deep breath before turning the lock on the door and prepare to open it.

- I wouldn't, says Ben standing beside me. I gasp and spin around surprised. Ben inches towards me. Don't try to escape. Don't even move. Do you understand? He says compulsing me.

- I understand, I lie to him. Thank you Stefan for the vervain.

Ben scoffs and turns around to get a bottle of blood out of the mini fridge across the room. I open the front door and bolt out, but Anna blocks my way and grabs me by me hair. She pushes me back into the motel room violently and angrily talks to Ben.

- Seriously?! She asks angry.

- I told her not to move! I did that eye thing that you taught me! He defends himself.

- And forgot the lesson about vervain! She dates a vampire, Ben. Duh! Anna pushes me up against a wall and opens the bathroom door.

- Who are you? What do you want? I ask her.

- Does it matter? she spats at me with anger.

Anna forcefully pushes me inside the bathroom and shuts the door right behind me. I flip the light switch and calmly search the room for another exit. There is no window, no other door, nothing. How am I going to get out of here? I can't tay here forever. I don't even have my phone to call Stefan. I look over at the bathtub and see Bonnie lying in it, unconscious. Bonnie! I rush over to her to see if my best friend is okay.

- Bonnie? I call her and lift her head up, Oh my god!

Stefan's P.O.V.

Elena is missing since last night. I called Damon and let him messages. He never answered me. I called Gillian as well and explained her everything. Just like Damon, she didn't answer and I understood why when I came back at the boarding house this morning. She was still asleep in her bed. She is living so much events lately that we aren't even spending time together anymore. I don't feel like I'm acting like a father to her and I hate that. I want to be here for her and present in her life like before. But things got complicated in the meantime. Anyway, I enter the study room where my big brother is, reading through Emily's grimoire.

- Anna took Elena, I tell Damon who doesn't even care to look at me.

- Yeah, I got that from your 600 voice mails, responds my brother continuing reading. I stride across the room towards him. Damon, all night long, every single street in town, I've been searching. What if your blood hasn't passed out of her system?

- Well, then at least you know you'll see her again.

- Please, I plead him as I sit down on the sofa, next to Damon. What do you know? You were with Anna, you must know where's she living. Just tell me where I can find her. Damon finally looks up at me. He seems like he is thinking.

- Nope. You can go. Really.

- You know, all I can remember is hating you. There might have been a time when that was different, but your choices have erased anything good about you. My big brother lays the grimoire down and gives his full attention to me. But see, I also know you have just as much reason to hate me. This all began with me. Katherine got taken away from you because of me. And I'm sorry.