109. Sorry, but you're not sorry

Gillian's P.O.V.

- Come on, Mer, we're leaving for school! Screams, Kol, as he stands at the entrance of Liz's home.

The two of us didn't really slept last night. I spent the night ruminating about what happened with Enzo, about coming back here, about how the conversation with my uncle and my father will go if there ever is one... It's making me anxious. Sometimes I wish I could see the future, just to know how things are going to go. Will I stop being scared? Will I stop being hhit by sadness? Will I ever live the perfect life I want with Kol and Meryll? I don't know...

When I got back to Liz's home, I spent a good hour in Meryll's room, watching her sleep so peacefully. I wish our life could be this calm and peace... I just hope it will never have an impact on her life. Even though I think it's already too late for that... And, unfortunately, it's unavoidable.

I'm angry at myself. Angry for what I make my child go through. I am angry that she has to keep moving around and around constantly. It's not good for her. She needs to have a steady environment. And I can't provide her that because I can't face my own emotions. I try. I try so hard for her. But it's... So painful and scary.

After a long moment, Kol came up to me in "Meryll's room". He is the one who forced me to come to bed otherwise I wouldn't have slept at all. He is worried for me, I know it. And I wish I could comfort him and tell him that everything will be alright for me, but I can't even comfort myself. We talked a lot. He helped me take my mind off from everything that is going on. I wish I hadn't had to make him go through all of that as well. I don't want to be the cause of their pain. I don't want them to suffer because of me...

- Baby, come on! I scream as I put my shoes on. Liz approaches us, wearing her Sheriff's uniform. She was really kind to keep Meryll for us last night. She could have refused, especially this late at night. Thank you so much for letting us sleep here last night. It was very kind of you, I thank her sincerely as I face the blonde woman.

- Don't thank me. You're welcome here any time, she says with a kind smile. I smile back when I see her opening her arms wild open. I step up and embrace the woman. I don't know why, but whenever I am with Liz, I feel that same motherly instinct than with mom. She reminds me so much of mom... It makes me feel at home somehow. I made some coffee for you two and a breakfast for Meryll, she says after pulling away from the hug.

- That's very kind. Thank you, Liz, thanks, Kol, when we hear a sudden little girl running in the stairs.

- I'm here! She says with her beautiful smile.

- I see! I reply while giggling.

- Here, Meryll. I made you a breakfast, tells Liz, as she hands a brown paper bag to my daughter. Meryll takes it and smiles at the Sheriff.

- What do we say, baby? I gently ask.

- Thank you, Liz! She exclaims before looking at what is in her bag. Meanwhile, Caroline's mother hands us a coffee in a paper cup.

- Thanks again, for the coffe and everything, I sincerely tell when I feel Kol placing his hand on the bottom of my back. Liz smiles and nods.

My husband, my daughter, and I walked out of the Forbe's house and went to our car. I make sure Meryll has her belt fastened and climb on the passenger side. At the same time as us, Liz leaves her house to go to work. This town needs their Sheriff. The three of us wave at the woman and Kol drives away. It has been a while since I brought Meryll to school. She seems happy to go back there, seeing all her friends again. It makes me smile to her this happy. We wish our daughter a good day and drive away once we're sure she is okay with her friends. Okay... One good thing done.