87. Life is traumatize without your shade of love to soothe my desolation

Stefan's P.O.V.

- She's the calmest desiccating vampire I've ever seen. I remember when you starved me down there for three days. I would've wept at your feet for an orange peel, tells me, Damon, with a slight impressed, yet, annoyed tone while he hands me a glass of alcohol. The two of us are standing in the living-room, in the middle of the morning. Elena has woken up not long ago and she is already looking very weak. Well, Bonnie didn't go easy on her. I guess that will help us bring the old Elena back faster? Kol is still down there too and has woken up about an hour ago. However, he doesn't seem in too much pain yet, but he does look sick. As for Gillian... My baby is still laying unconscious on my bed. She needs rest...

- Look, she's not gonna beg for blood. Begging means desperation, emotion. She's still in no-humanity zone, I explain and remind to my big brother, sounding annoyed of the situation and concerned at the same time. I can't stop thinking and worrying for Gillian... The fact that I am downstairs and not in my bedroom with her in my sight worries me.

- How hungry does she have to be before we can torture some feelings back into her? Questions, Damon to me, sounding like he is in a rush for this situation to end. I get you, brother...

- A lot hungrier than she is now, apparently, I answer him with a slight sigh before taking a sip of my drink.

- So what are we supposed to do in the meantime? Asks me, Damon, looking away with a frown as he seems frustrated to not be able to do anything for now. I was about to answer him when a familiar voice echoes behind me.

- Maybe I can provide a little excitement, tells, a familiar woman. I spin around, seeing Katherine standing at the entrance of the living-room with a smirk. Right... I forgot that I texted her earlier about Gillian...

- Katherine, I call her, not surprised nor happy to see her either.

- The one and only... Sort of, she says, weakly rolling her eyes as she seems annoyed. So, when's the Welcome Home party? She asks us with a smirk while stepping in the room, proceeding to pour herself a drink. Of course, make yourself at home... Wait, why does she look so calm? She has been avoiding Mystic Falls for months, fearing Klaus...

- Wow, look who went and got bold. Last time I checked, Klaus was plotting your eternal demise, tells and reminds, Damon, to the brunette vampire, using a slight upset tone to see her here. My brother takes a sip from his drink, weakly squinting his eyes with suspicion.

- Well, it doesn't matter anymore, because Klaus is gone, answers, Katherine, turning around to look at us with a smile. Gone?

- Wait, what do you mean he's gone? I ask her with a confused tone as she walks passed Damon and I. The Petrova doppelganger turns around again, facing us.

- Let's just say that werewolf girl, Hayley, turned out to be just the thing we needed to get Klaus out of our lives... For good, she responds, staying vague on her answer while keeping her smirk. Okay... Anyway, that's not what I have to worry the most about right now.

- Well, that's... Unexpected, I answer before putting my glass down. Anyway, I'm going to go check up on Gillian to see if she is awake, I reply to Damon mostly. My big brother nods understandingly at me before I start to walk away.

- I'll follow you, rapidly and immediately answers, Katherine, putting her glass down as well. I hear her following me behind when Damon speaks up.

- No, no, no, no, no, I turn around, seeing Damon catching Katherine's arm, making her stop abruptly in her tracks and facing him again, you and I need to talk first, says seriously, Damon. Katherine glances at me, hesitating to talk with my brother before she sighs, agreeing. Anyway... I turn back around and walk back to my bedroom to go check up on my baby girl. I hope she is awake by now...