24. Misidentified identity

Elena's P.O.V.

I enter the kitchen, where I heard the noises coming from, and discover John on the floor, bleeding badly. He got stabbed and his fingers got cut. Who did this? I rush over to my biological father and try to stop the bleeding by puting my hand on the wound. Who could have done that? Why didn't Jeremey or Jeremy heard anything? I grab the phone which is on the counter and call 911. I'm trembling and panicking while the tears get in my eyes.

- 911, what's your emergency? Asks the voice of the woman behind the phone.

- Hi, I-I need an ambulance to 2104 Maple Street, I tell crying and panicking to the woman. I keep trying to stop the bleeding while John looks behind me terrified.

- Behind you, barely whispers John. I frown and lean in to put my ear over his mouth. Behind you! He whispers louder.

I turn quickly around and gasp, scared. But nobody is behind me. I grab the bloody knife beside John and cautiously approaches the hallway. Someone is here I can feel it. Someone's brushing pass me really quick. I felt cold, exactly like when Stefan, Damon or Gillian does it. I turn around gasping again as I get frightened. Who's here? I thought that the tomb vampires were dead! I turn around again as the vampire passes brushing me again and leaves. Jeremy!

- Jeremy! I scream racing up the stairs to his room. Jeremy! Jeremy! I enter his room and see him unconscious on his bed. Please, Jeremy, wake up! I shake my brother while starting to cry again. Suddenly, Jeremy wakes up and looks at me confused as I let a relief sigh out.

Minutes later, the paramedics arrive and take away John, who passed out not long ago, to the ambulance. I am at the top of the stairs when I see Stefan with Gillian arriving. She looks much better than earlier. The officer tries to stop them from entering but I tell him to let them in. Stefan let's Gillian entering first and follows her behind. They both walk up the stairs to join me and follow me to my brother's bedroom.

- What happened? Questions my boyfriend as we enter Jeremy's room. Jeremy is still sitting on his bed.

- He said that Anna gave him her blood and then he took these pills and now... I mean he looks fine but then again so do you. So, I just... I don't know, I explain them. Stefan walks up to Jeremy and grabs his face in his hands to examine his eyes. I look at Gillian before touching her shoulder lightly. Are you feeling better? She nods before smiling faintly.

- Look at me, I hear Stefan saying to Jeremy.

- I'm fine, okay? I feel exactly the same, complains my little brother.

- Should I call a paramedic up here? What should I do? I ask my boyfriend while panicking again.

- No, he's fine, answers Gillian's father still looking in Jeremy's eyes.

- You mean I'm not a vampire? Damn it! I watch him looking down disappointed of him failing. I frown sadly at what he just said.

- Don't say that, Jeremy! I walk up to stand in front of him. Jer, why would you want that?

Gillian's P.O.V.

I'm in Jeremy's bedroom as I watch Elena and Jeremy arguing with each other. Now that we're all sure he isn't a vampire, everything is coming back to normal. Or almost?

- Did you hear about Anna, what happened to her tonight? He shouts at Elena. I frown angrily as I remember John staking her right through her heart. She's dead. Elena backs away as she stares at her angry and sad brother. I step quickly up to him under the couple sights and grab Jeremy by his collar.