29. Life isn't as long as the alphabet

Stefan's P.O.V.

I'm sleeping in Elena's bed, my girlfriend laying next to me. Last night, after telling goodnight to Gillian, Elena and I went to her home to have some privacy. I know Damon wasn't buying our fights and so many other people. Anyway... I am laying on Elena's mattress, eyes close and the sun light entering her bedroom. I can feel that Elena is awake. Her breathing isn't as slow as it was when she was asleep.

- You're staring, I tell her slowly.

- I'm gazing, corrects and chuckles Elena.

- It's creepy.

- It's romantic. I open my eyes and glance at her before smiling. I gab the pillow on which I am resting my head on it and flip it over my face so she can't stare at me anymore. Hey! laughs Elena while taking the pillow off my face. I roll on top of my girlfriend, kissing her passionately. Oh, this is bad of us.

- Yes, it is, I answer still kissing her but in the neck.

- If Katherine finds out... I stop kissing her and whisper.

- Katherine who? We both smile before kissing each others lips with fury. I roll Elena on top of me this time, while chuckling. Suddenly, the brunette pulls away.

- Okay, I, um, I need be in the shower.

- Love it, let's go! I tell her smiling and caressing her arm.

- No, just me, laughs my girlfriend. I'm late. I'm decorating at the Lockwood charity thing.

- Well, what do you know. So am I.

- You think that's really a good idea to be at their house today? frowns Elena while still staring at me and being on top of me. Mason Lockwood tried to kill you.

- I don't trust Mason. He almost killed my daughter so I won't let him walk away like that. I want to be there today to keep an eye on him, Elena nods, understanding before taking a needle from her end table and sitting up.

- But then we can't touch or talk and no lingering stares.

- No, none of that, I say chuckling and still caressing her arm.

- What do you think will happen if Katherine finds out that we were fake fighting? I sigh and shake my head. I don't know what to answer. Katherine is capable of anything and everything. I never know what to expect from her. Elena looks down at the needle before pricking her fingertips with it. Ow.

- Did it hurt? I ask concerned. I hate her doing this but I can't stop her for wanting to do it. Yes, it's making me stronger but it also hurts her to do it.

- It's okay. A little bit every day to make you stronger, right? I take her her finger after few seconds of staring at her frowning and start drinking her blood. I stop and stare at her chocolate eyes.

 -I promise you, we're gonna get through this.

- I love you, Stefan, whispers the brunette before leaning in and kissing me. I deepen the kiss before Elena stands up and walks to her bathroom. I do the same and vamp-speed back to the boarding house to see my daughter a bit.

Katherine's P.O.V.

After Mason Lockwood met me in the car, I brought him home and let's say we had an eventful night. Mason rolls me over on the bed, his hands exploring my body and kissing my lips, then down my neck and my chest. I let giggles escape my mouth, not wanting the woman downstairs to hear us. I shush Mason while still giggling, making the boy stop kissing my stomach and looking up at me. I place my finger to his lips, smiling.