14. Trust isn't given to everyone

Katherine's P.O.V.

Flashback 1864 Woods

Damon and I are walking in a dark forest, a bit away from the Salvatore boarding house. He wanted to see how a vampire acts before becoming one, so I proposed him to come with me. We were walking when I heard a carriage drawn by horses, heading down the dirt road. It's coming toward us... I ask gently to Damon to lay down and to act like he is unconscious. I knee beside him and fakely cry until I hear the carriage wheeling towards us stopping. I get up and start shouting at whoever is on the carriage.

- Please! Please, help us! I plead and run to the man driving. He looks down at me from his seat. Please, my husband, he's been hurt! Please help him! I keep shouting while the driver gets down from his seat and goes to check on Damon on the road. The passenger of the vehicle, behind me, opens the carriage door and exits it.

- What are you doing out here in the middle of the night? It's not safe, I smirk quietly and turn around.

- No. No, sir. It's not safe, I bare my fangs and bite the passenger's neck. The old man screams as I drain his life out of him. Meanwhile, the driver is kneeling over Damon's body, but turns around when he hears the old man screaming. I vamp-speed back to Damon before the driver could see me. He sees the old man's dead body laying by the carriage. He turns back around and his eyes met mine but not for long. I get my fangs out again and bite down his neck. I drain the blood out from the man who screams for his life as well. When I'm finish ''eating'', I toss him aside, his blood all over my chin. And that's how it's done, I tell to Damon, proudly. He stands up and looks at the two bodies.

- What happens to the bodies? He asks me with serious as he looks impressed.

- Well, I'll take them into the woods and the other animals will finish them off, Damon looks frightened. Are you sure you're ready for this?

- I'm ready, he nods and I smile. I want you to turn me.

- When it's time. Kiss me, I watch Damon pulling a handkerchief from his coat pocket with a flourish. He moves to wipe the blood off of my chin but I grab his hand and move in closer. You should get a taste. I lean in to kiss him but he backs a bit away.

- Sorry.

- Don't be. Soon you won't be able to get enough, I can tell he is hesitating. Damon suddenly grabs my face and kisses me with a fiery passion. He pulls away and the blood from my chin has smudge on his lips which I wipe at with my finger.

End of the flashback

Gillian's P.O.V.

I woke up early this morning and of course, I didn't know what to do. I get out of my bed and walk to my desk to do my English paper. At least it'll be done. A good hour later, I'm still working on my paper. I don't get it... I should ask dad to help me. But first, let's go grab a blood bag. I go to the kitchen and grab a blood bag in the refrigerator. I sit on the counter while drinking it and daydreaming. It's calm here. Too calm. Where are my dad and my uncle? I get off of the counter and go to the living room. Nobody. I, then, walk to the library. Nobody either. Where the hell are they? They could have leave a message at least if they were going somewhere. I walk back upstairs with the blood bag when I hear voices. It's my uncle and my dad. Great! I walk there and knock on my dad's door since their voices come from here. I open the door all while having the straw in my mouth and draining the blood from the bag.

- Hey dad, I need help with my English pa... I stop short when I see my dad and Elena naked in his bed and Damon looking at them standing before the bed. Oh my God, I'm so, so, so, so, so, so, so sorry dad, I say while closing the bedroom door rapidly. I didn't know Elena was here, I scream feeling my cheeks burning up.