12. What is a life without lies?

Gillian's P.O.V

I am laying in Jeremy's bed while looking at some pictures in my phone. I can't sleep tonight... I have too much on my mind. I put on my earphones to listen to music so time will pass a bit quicker. Jeremy is lightly snoring next to me, an arm falling out of the bed. It's really nice of him to let me come sleep here. I wouldn't have seen myself going to Tyler's and Uncle Damon isn't answering my calls, so... The song "Told you so" by Miguel is playing in my earphones when my phone suddenly buzzes. Really, dad... Again? It's been a good hour that he keeps calling me but I don't answer or return any of his calls. He left some voicemails but I still haven't listen to them either. I don't want to think about anything... Even though I keep doing it. I look at my Instagram when Uncle Damon calls me this time. Really? I roll my eyes as I stop my music and leave discretely Jeremy's bedroom to go on the small roof to not wake him up.

- Hello? I say putting my phone against my ear.

- Boo, where are you? Your dad keep bugging me by asking where you are. Please call him back quickly so he will stop, asks and pleads me, my uncle with an annoyed tone.

- Safe, don't worry. Why didn't you answer to my call earlier? I answer and ask him back, frowning lightly at the same time.

- I was doing something important, sorry. Do you need anything?

- Well no, it's a bit late now, I say annoyed and a bit upset. But thanks. Wait, why are you calling me at this time? It's almost 4a.m.

- Couldn't sleep, he answers me. I swear I can hear a motor sound behind.

- Me neither, I respond with a small voice as I lower my head.

- I don't like the tone you just take, what's wrong Gillian? Wow, he just used my full name... It sounds and feels weird. I frown, not used to it before shaking my head.

- Nothing. Look, if my dad calls you again about me just tell him that I'm okay, I don't let him time to respond and hang up immediately. I look up at the stars before sighing and going back to Jeremy's bed. This night is going to be the longest I haven't had for a long time...

Stefan's P.O.V

I'm in my bedroom, holding the picture of Katherine and the necklace I gave to Elena to protect her from compulsion. I try to call the brunette since she left the boarding house in a rush but she doesn't answer or return any of my calls. I hope nothing happened to her... I leave her another voicemail, hoping she'll actually calls me back in few seconds.

- Elena. It's Stefan. I know that this picture must have confused you. But I can explain. I need to explain. So, please, when you get this, call me. I hang up and sigh sadly and nervous. I need to call Gillian too. She should be home by now. Tonight's not going well at all... I hear the ringtone echoing but my daughter still doesn't answer. Could something have happened to her? I let her a voicemail as well. Hey Lilou, it's dad, please call me back. I want to know if you're alright and I need you, so as soon as you get this and the other voicemails, please call back baby. I'm not angry if you're wondering, I just worried, baby, I hang up for the tenth time tonight and wait.

Damon's P.O.V

2 hours ago before calling Gillian

I can't believe Logan Fell is dead. Who killed him? Who knows about us? I am walking out of the woods to regain the road when I hear car brakes followed by a car getting crashed over something. I stop walking and look around I. It's not here... but it's not far either. I vamp-speed toward where the sound came from. Those scream... I see Elena's car upside-down with the brunette behind the steer wheel. I arrive near her and she screams, surprised and scared.