48. 1920? What a blurry year...

Damon's P.O.V.

I walk inside the living-room and pour myself a drink. I need to decompressed a bit with everything that is going on. Plus Gillian that keeps telling me that she is on the verge of switching her emotions off... Things would be even more tragic and difficult. I really have to keep a close eye on her, just like on Stefan. And Elena, who keeps wanting to save Stefan. I think she doesn't understand the importance of her, not revealing to Klaus that she is still alive. If the Hybrid discovers that Elena isn't dead, only God knows what he will do. I put the clork on the bottle when my phone starts buzzing. Unknown I.D. caller? who the hell is calling me?

- You're interrupting my drink, I say as I answer the call.

- You miss me? asks a woman's voice. I roll my eyes, recognizing the voice immediately. Where did she get my number?

- Katherine. Where are you? I question her, without enthusiasm, but with hatred.

- Lurking outside your window, pining away, replies the vampire. It's almost like I can see her smirking.

- What do you want? I ask, sighing at the same time.

- I'm homesick. What have I missed?

- Well, Stefan's still Klaus' little prisoner and Elena still thinks she can save him and no one's thought about you since you left. Oh maybe my adorable little niece which I don't get why, I respond before taking a sip from my glass of alcohol.

- How is my daughter? questions Katherine with some concern in her voice. And what about you? asks the brunette vampire with a flirty tone now. I'm sure now that you've given up on your brother, you're plotting some sort of way of moving in on his girlfriend.

- I didn't give up on him. I just don't know where he is, I reply, smiling alone. I hear Katherine humming in the phone. Wait... I stop smiling and close my eyes as I realize something. But you do. Are you trailing them? I ask whispering so Gillian won't hear me. I hope she didn't already heard me.

- A hybrid who wants me dead and his sidekick who's off the rails? I couldn't be further away, responds Kath.

- Which means you know exactly where they are, I answer as I start walking around the room with the glass in my hand and the phone in my other one.

- All I know is that Klaus pitched a fit once his hybrids didn't work. Now he's looking for some answers, informs me the vampire as I finish my drink in one gulp.

- How do you know that?

- Spend 500 years running, and there will be a few people along the way that are looking out for you.

- Is that what you're doing? Looking out for my brother? I ask with venom and not impressed nor surprised.

- Maybe, maybe not. I'm conflicted. I roll my eyes, annoyed of acting.

- Where are they?

Stefan's P.O.V.

- Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan, tells me Klaus as he parks the car in a warehouse. We both exit the engine.

- What are we doing here? I ask, curious and at the same time feeling ashamed and awkward. Last time I was here... it was a dark period of my life.

- I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?

- Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying, a lot of disappointment, I say as I remember how much I made Gillian suffered during that period. And still, she kept believing in me and helping me. I shake my head as I put my hands on my hips. The details are all a blur.