107. The Universe, the alternate version of our life

Elena's P.O.V.

In a café, in the middle of the day, I am sitting down at a table all by myself, writing in my journal. It might just be words written on a piece of paper, but this journal is sort of my best friend. It knows my whole life and all of my secrets, even the darkest ones because, what could a piece of paper say to you? Nothing. It doesn't talk. It doesn't judges you. Except when I write wrongly things down... Ugh! Why did I say this that way? I'm such an idiot... After scribbling for a moment and realizing that I don't know how to write, I rip one of the pages out of my journal, frustrated. Wasting paper and ink just for this... Useless that I am... 

I put a salt shaker over the ripped papers I set on the table to keep them from flying away. The wind is light but it's enough to carry something light such as a piece of paper. Damn!! What was I saying? Right... I tried to catch the pieces of paper I put under the salt, but most of them flew onto the ground. But as I got up to chase after them, a man walking in my direction picks the ripped papers up before I could. Oh! He looks... Very charming. He's tall. Looks athletic. His eyes color is forest green... And he looks at me!

- You lose something? He gently asks me with a charming smile. His voice sounds so manly and soft at the same time.  

- Uh, yes. It's a particularly mortifying page from my journal, I admit to the unknown man with an embarrassed tone. I crack my best smile at him despite feeling this embarrassed feeling. I wish I could hide but, if I hide, I wouldn't be able to talk with him.

- Ah. You, uh, censor your journal? Pretty sure that's against journal rules, he says with a joking tone as I notice him avoiding from looking at my notes. Not only he is charming, but he's also respectful. I am more and more intrigued.

- And I'm pretty sure that you're not the journal police, I reply with the same joking tone he used, giggling slightly. I know it might be stupid because I just met him and we only exchanged a few words. But I can feel a kind of connection between us. I don't know how to explain, it's... I don't feel that way with other guys. It's like there's a link between us. Like we were to meet together. Trust me, it's really bad, I tell him as I lose my smile and look down.

- I'm officially intrigued, he says with a slight flirty tone while smirking. I give a look at the man, trying to not be amused. But I couldn't resist smiling at the sight of his perfect face. And the sound of that voice...

- And I'm officially not kidding, I say with a giggling tone while take a few steps forward and holding my hand up. The man stares at me for a few seconds, as if he is scruting my face, before handing me my ripped pages. Thank you, I thank him gently. I'm Elena, I suddenly tell him, having this sudden urge to want him to know my name.

- I'm Stefan, he softly replies, his eyes plunged into mines. That feeling he is making in my stomach... It's indescriptable. Thousands of butterflies? Fireworks? I don't know. All I know it's that he is making me nervous, and I weirdly like it.

All of a sudden, a car starts honking in the street. What? The calm and silenced area is now noisy. And dangerous... I look behind Stefan and see a car driving right towards us. It's going to run Stefan over! Oh my God!!

Startled, I woke up in my bed, jolting and gasping out of fear. Wha..? But... What I saw... It was just a dream...? But it looked so real... The car was driving straight over Stefan, I saw it! I don't understand... How could this look so real?

- You okay? I hear Caroline's voice asking me gently. She's here?

- Yeah... I reply in a whisper, still shocked of what I just experienced. I just... I just had a really crazy dream, I say, half being honest as I do not want her to worry for me. Well... about my dream I should say.