108. Revenge is a dish best savored cold

Elena's P.O.V.

Breakfast, Professor Salvatore? I ask Stefan as I brought him a bagel in a beautiful white plate. He and I are inside the Whitmore restaurant which is excelent to be honest. And the place looks amazing. Everything is made of stone and wood. The lights are low which makes this place really cozy.

- Oh, no, no, no, no. I see what you're doing, he answers to me after taking the plate from my hands and putting it down on the table. Stefan decided to join me to help me study. One, he gets some free time from Mystic Falls. Two, I get to be more focused on my studies. Three, it helps us not to think about those visions and, for me, to not think about Damon too much...

- What am I doing? I question with a fake innocent tone as I let a small chuckle out. I grab my cup of coffee and take sit in the chair next to the vampire.

- Distraction tactics, he replies seriusly, yet, giving me a smile. Stay focused. So psychology, sociology, and anthropology share the assumption that... I hear him telling me as he reads a flashcard that I made.

- Scientific methods can be used to understand human behavior, I reply with seriousness, staring at Stefan and eyes that mean, "see, I know it".

- That's very good, as in verbatim, which means that I need to ask you more difficult questions, he tells me, picking up another flashcards that I made. There's hundreds of them, he definitely has a choice... I smile, actually appreciating what he is doing right now. Despite thinking this is what he must have done with Gillian when she was still at school... Ugh! 

- Thank you, I thank him sincerely, pushing the thought of him teaching Gillian.

- For what? He asks me.

- Volunteering to help me study, I begin to reply as I put my cup down, the day after Damon declared that we can't be friends and that he never wants to see my face again. Speaking of distracting tactics, I admit to my friend with a sincere tone.

- You're welcome, he answers back, giving me a kind smile.

- Hey, I suddenly hear a familiar voice greeting us. I turn my head around and see Bonnie coming towards us in a slight rush. I'm sorry I'm late. What did I miss? She says and asks as she takes palce next to me.

- Just that Stefan's the tutor from hell, I respond with a joking tone, faking to be upset at the vampire.

- Unkind. Take that back, jokes back, Stefan before taking a sip from his cup of coffee. I smile and glance at him. I love this friendship that I have with him. I wish I could have the same with Damon...

- Actually, I'm surprised that you're up for studying, you know, considering... I then sya, turning to Bonnie. My best friend looks at me, unsure of what I'm saying.

- Considering? She asks me, arcing one eyebrow.

- The Other Side... Falling apart, I remind her, frowning lightly confused that she doesn't seem very affected by it. I turn to Stefan. She's in denial, I state to my friend.

- So I see, he tells as he looks at Bonnie.

- I'm not in denial. The Other Side is disintegrating. As the Anchor to the Other Side, I'm only alive as long as there is an other side. I'm perfectly aware of the threat of my impending death. There is nothing I can do about it, tells us, Bonnie, speaking with a slight annoyed tone, yet, a suffocating one from everything that is going on. I stare at my friend in shock as I didn't see things that way. Bonnie... Dead... I can't... No, I can't imagine how it would be to see her dead. I lived it once, that was enough... It's called acceptance, fifth stage of grief. Look it up, tutor guy, she replies to Stefan before looking down at her papers.