106. How do you measure a life?

Tom Avery's P.O.V.

- You've got a good grip there. What's your name? I say to the injured woman lying on the ER as my guys and I rush inside the Atlanta Metro Hospital. The woman has an oxygen mask on making it impossible for her to answer me. Though, I can see she heard me clearly because despite having trouble opening her eyes, she still managed to look up at me. My name is Tom. You're going to be alright, I tell her with a comforting tone, trying to keep her calm during this stressful and scary moment.

Sloan's P.O.V.

With my fingers covered of blood on Stefan's forehead, I proceed the spell to track down and learn more information about his doppelganger. We need them. It's vital. And since frying his brain is the only way to get what I need, I'll just keep doing that until I cannot. Or more like until he cannot take it... 

- His name is Tom Avery. I heard that much, I say as I'm seeing what Stefan is seeing. At least, we have a name now... We're getting closer with the blondie vampire and Enzo going after him...

Tom Avery's P.O.V.

- Pneumothorax. I need a 10-gauge needle now, I order loudly to all of the nurses standing around us. There's no time to waste!

We'll take it from here, tells me, a doctor, as he joins us.

- If you don't do it now, she's not going to make it to the operating table, I reply with seriousness and firmly as a nurse hands me a needle. I inject the medication, causing her to jerk on the gurney. Sorry...

Sloan's P.O.V.

- Come on, Stefan! I scream at the doppelganger sitting before me who is groaning in pain. It's not enough information! I need your help with the link. Tell me what you see! Tell me where to find your doppelgänger, I exclaim with an insisting and firm tone, not leaving him much of a choice. I'll go harder and longer with the spell if I have to!

Tom Avery's P.O.V.

- You're a real piece of work, Avery. They must have broke the mold when they made you, the doctor tells me with an annoyed tone. I look at him when I suddenly hear the injured woman gasping. She seems to be feeling a bit better... It's her fight now. The nurses rush her off into the operating room, followed by the doctor right behind them. I guess my work is done for this patient...

Stefan's P.O.V.

- Atlanta Metropolitan Hospital, I say in between groans. The pain is just so awful. AHH! Suddenly, Sloan finally takes her hands off my forehead, breaking the link. Oh, thank God...

- Good. Now your friends can go kill him, she says with a satisfied tone. Kill him... Life doesn't mean anything to them... I feel so tired... This spell drained me totally out of my energy. I slowly close my eyes and let a gasp out. Where's Gillian...? Why isn't she here? Is she even coming?

Gillian's P.O.V.

I stare at the giant trees surrounding the Mikaelson's house. The air is pretty humid as if it had rained, but it didn't... The sky is slowly getting covered by thick dark clouds which... Doesn't really enchante me. Well... Not that I see much difference since a few days. Even with the brightest sun shining in the sky, I feel like my days are covered by constant dark clouds. It's like I don't see in colors anymore and everything is black and white... Like everything lost its life...

I can't forget that night... I just can't shake it out of my head... And it's not the fact that everyone was against me. Well, "not only the fact", should I have said... It's mainly the way they did it. The way they hurt my mother and took her life so savagely. I know they always perceived her as the bad guy. I did too years ago, until I met her for real and learned about her. Until I saw who she really was under this thick carapace that she built to protect herself and be this strong woman. But, like I said, I'm the only one who saw through her...