42. A new arriving in town

Elena's P.O.V.

I'm still sitting in the basement, waiting for Elijah to come back to life. I didn't think it would be that long. I'm still playing with the dagger in my right hand when, suddenly, Elijah wakes up breathing having, gasping... Or trying to breath, maybe. I rush over to the Original and knee next to him. He looks at me in shocked, his face still a bit greyish and with big veins popped all over his skin.

- Elijah, I call him by a faint whisper.

- Katerina! Responds the Original still looking shocked. I frown, confused. Why would he think I'm Katherine?

- Elijah! It's me, it's Elena, I tell him as I grab his shoulders to reassure the vampire. I shush the vampire to tell him to keep quiet.

- Oh, my God.

Elijah's P.O.V

Flashback England 1492

I'm inside a mansion and a party is underway. The room is filled with guests talking to each other and drinking. I'm waiting for Trevor to come. He must not be long now. Ah! There he is. I smile as I see Trevor speaking with a woman. I can't see her face. Trevor turns around and walks over to me.

- Ah, good evening, Trevor. I am pleased you could join us, I greet the man politely.

- I could not miss the birthday celebration, replies Trevor, smiling politely as well.

- No, considering the gift you claim to bear. Where is this mystery girl of which you speak? I ask, looking around the room.

- Right this way, Trevor passes in front and I follow him behind. We walk through the crowd until arriving to a woman with curly brown hair and deep brown eyes. Impossible... My dear, smiles Trevor to the woman.

- Hello, says politely the woman as she smiles to me. I stare at her in shock, not responding immediately to her. I shake lightly my head and smile.

- Forgive me. You remind me of someone, I reply to the woman in a gentleman way.

- Katerina, may I introduce the lord Elijah, I hold my hand to her and she takes it before doing the curtsies.

- Pleasure, my lord, continues smiling, Katerina.

- The pleasure's mine, I kiss her hand delicately. Katerina.

End of the flashback

Elena's P.O.V.

Elijah closes his eyes as his head falls back on the ground. What is happening? I frown as I look up and down his body. I get slowly closer to the Original when his body suddenly spasms. I gasp, scared. Elijah gets up with his vampire speed while gasping for air. What is wrong with him?

- I can't... I can't breathe! He falls back on his knees, weak and breathless. What's happening to me? I shake my head, looking scared and nervous at the old vampire. Elijah rushes over near the door but slams into the wall. I rush to him to help him stay up. He turns around to face me. I can't... I can't be in this house.

- You're not invited in, I say as I realize what is happening to the Original.

- Then get me out of here, Elijah slams into another wall, out of the cellar before disappearing. I run after him, back up the stairs and to the front door. Elijah is crouching outside, catching his breath. He gets up with his vampire speed and rushes over me to enter. Unfortunately for him, the threshold makes him unable to enter. What happened?