Chapter 35: Reveal. . .

>:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I stared silently at the ground as a tense silence filled the classroom.

I jumped slightly when I felt Emory's arm circle around my waist, Pulling me closer.

''See? They're-'' Channing started to whine before Emory cut him off.

''Silence.'' He grumbled, His voice sounding angry.

I shrunk back slightly at his tone, He however, Didn't notice.

He was already walking towards Channing, A frown on his face.

Before he could reach the start of the desk lines, Daniel moved hurriedly to stand between Emory and Channing.

''Now now, There is no need for everyone to get all worked up, I'm sure Channing was just trying to make a joke'' Daniel said nervously, Clearly trying to defuse the tension in the room.

That was not the right choice of words.

''You let these students mock and cuss out others with out any consequences?'' Emory demanded quietly of Daniel, His accent much stronger now.

I swallowed nervously, Backing closer to the classroom door as I could feel my heart beat picking up with fear.

Run. . .I need to run. . .

I forced myself to remain rooted in place despite the rushing panic racing through me.

''W-Well no, He'll get some time in detention, Not to mention, I'm sure he feels really bad for what he said!'' Daniel said slowly, His voice regaining the bright bubbly cheerfulness it normally held by the time he got to the second half of what he was saying.

''Bull shit. I said what I said. If that worthless shit wasn't sleeping around with the German then-'' Channing started to growl out before Emory straight up glared at him.

'' Ärgerliche Göre '' Emory grumbled under his breath, His words just being loud enough to be heard.

''H-He has a name'' I squeaked out quietly, Much to my surprise and seemingly everyone else's.

A small spark of annoyance was glowing in amongst the wilted flowers of my fear.

''H-He's not just some German, He's Emory'' I muttered quietly, My voice fading with each word.

''Emory?. . .Hey I think I've heard that name before. . .'' Daniel muttered quietly to himself as the other two turned their seemingly full attention towards me.

I could feel my face starting to heat up a bit as I started to regret my little outburst.

'' Thank you Aspen'' Emory muttered quietly to me, His voice gentler than when he had spoken with the others.

''Who gives a fuck what his name is.'' Channing grumbled, Annoyance in his voice as he glared down at us from the slightly higher back of the classroom.

''Language! Channing that is quite enough!'' Daniel scolded a frown working it's way onto his normally cheerful face.

I saw a frown work it's way back onto Emory's face as he crossed his arms.

''Come down here Gör'' Emory ordered, His voice back to the scary sternness it had before.

''N-No! I don't have to do shit.'' Channing growled out, His voice wavering slightly, Showing his fear of the rather frightening German.

I swallowed nervously as Emory arched an eyebrow at that, Clearly unamused.

''Boys, Boys please, Lets just talk this out without. . .Uh. . .Pummeling my soulmate. . .'' Daniel pleaded, Moving in front of Emory again.

I nervously moved to stand next to Emory, Hoping that somehow, I could fix this.

All my fault. . .It's somehow my fault. . .

 ''He'd like that I'd bet, Being able to get rid of one of the brat's soulmates. Then no one could protest to him screwing the little shit.'' Channing growled out, Glaring at me now.

I swallowed fearfully as my heart briefly stuttered in my chest.

I haven't told Emory yet. . .What if he thinks I was trying to hide Channing from him. . .What if he gets mad. . .

''What? What did you just ramble on about?'' Daniel asked innocently, Sounding more confused than angry.

''He said. He is Aspen's soulmate.'' Emory grumbled out coldly, His eyes narrowing.

''What?'' Daniel just squeaked out, Confusion on his face.

I could fear my heart pounding away in my throat as Emory slowly looked down towards me.

''Is this true?'' Emory asked quietly as Channing moved down to stand next to Daniel, Quietly whispering to him.

I turned my attention to the suddenly very interesting ground, Bracing for harsh words to be thrown my way.

Slowly, I nodded, My eyes stinging slightly as tears started to gather.

He's going to yell at me. . .He's going to be mad. . .I messed this up so much. . .All my fault. . .

''Huh'' Was all Emory muttered before I felt a gloved hand rest on top of my head.

I looked up at him slowly through my eyelashes, Unsure if it was safe to move or not.

He didn't look mad, But then again, I was absolutely shit at reading his expressions.

''Why. . .Is he so mean to you then?'' Emory asked quietly, Moving so I could see Daniel and Channing.

I shrugged slightly as I wrapped my arms around myself.

I didn't know the reason for sure, But I had a guess.

We had gotten along really well when we were younger, We did everything together, We had already figured out that we were soulmates by then.

However, That all stopped pretty quickly.

One day my dad had beaten both my mom and I up enough that he didn't allow either of us to leave the house, Hell, He locked us in the basement the whole day while he was at work.

I had heard Channing come over and ask if I could come out and play with him, I don't know what my dad told him, But after that, Things started to get a bit rocky between the two of us.

It all got much worse however when a few other rich kids started to attend our school, It was a brief thing but they ended up changing Channing.

From there it just went downhill between Channing and I.

''It's probably my fault. . .'' I whispered quietly.

Emory just hummed quietly in thought, An eyebrow arched slightly.

We both turned our attention back to Channing and Daniel to find the two of them still quietly talking with eachother.

Daniel had a strained smile on his face, Channing on the other hand looked pissed.

I'm going to be so tired by the end of the day. . .

----------------------------------------------------------------

Welp, It's out in the open now. . . Any guesses on how it's gonna go?

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen